Author Thread: How does God feel about Marriage and being single today?
Ilikeroses2^

View Profile
History
How does God feel about Marriage and being single today?
Posted : 6 Feb, 2024 12:01 PM

I wonder from reading the book of Genesis in particular Genesis 2:18 where God said that it is not good for man to be alone. How does God feel about man being alone since creation now that Jesus has lived died and risen again?

In Matthew 19:12 Jesus says that some will make themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of Heavens sake.

My thoughts on this are could it be that Jesus' life death and resurrection changed the plan for mankind in regard to Marriage and Singleness in the same way that the laws of Moses where enhanced, empowered, enlightened and came alive by adding the commandments of Jesus Jesus' commandments are harder to keep then the ten commandments to never hate, never lust etc. Gods power to be eunuchs must be Gods gift since the death of Christ. Now since the death and resurrection of Christ we have Him with us always so now we have a closeness to Him that we never had before. Man was close to God in the garden but sin had not come into the world when God said it is not good that man be alone its here now so for the kingdom of Gods sake is God saying that His plan is for some people to be eunuchs?

I would love to hear people thoughts. I refer to men and women when the Bible says man he means women also.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
How does God feel about Marriage and being single today?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2024 01:07 PM

https://www.ibelieve.com/faith/ways-god-love-for-women-in-bible.html#:~:text=Scripture%20outlines%20the%20roles%20of,(Galatians%203%3A28).

Page : 1 2