Author Thread: How does God feel about Marriage and being single today?
Ilikeroses2^

View Profile
History
How does God feel about Marriage and being single today?
Posted : 6 Feb, 2024 12:01 PM

I wonder from reading the book of Genesis in particular Genesis 2:18 where God said that it is not good for man to be alone. How does God feel about man being alone since creation now that Jesus has lived died and risen again?

In Matthew 19:12 Jesus says that some will make themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of Heavens sake.

My thoughts on this are could it be that Jesus' life death and resurrection changed the plan for mankind in regard to Marriage and Singleness in the same way that the laws of Moses where enhanced, empowered, enlightened and came alive by adding the commandments of Jesus Jesus' commandments are harder to keep then the ten commandments to never hate, never lust etc. Gods power to be eunuchs must be Gods gift since the death of Christ. Now since the death and resurrection of Christ we have Him with us always so now we have a closeness to Him that we never had before. Man was close to God in the garden but sin had not come into the world when God said it is not good that man be alone its here now so for the kingdom of Gods sake is God saying that His plan is for some people to be eunuchs?

I would love to hear people thoughts. I refer to men and women when the Bible says man he means women also.

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2024 03:45 PM

1 Corinthians 7:9

🌟🌟💡💡 If they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry: Paul’s recommendation to marry is not based on marriage being more or less spiritual, but on very practical concerns, especially relevant to his day (as explained in 1 Corinthians 7:26, 29, 32). A godly sexual relationship within the covenant of marriage is God’s plan for meeting our sexual needs

i. Though Paul preferred the unmarried state for himself, he doesn’t want anyone to think that being married was less spiritual, or more spiritual. It is all according to an individual’s gifting. Remember that Paul told Timothy that forbidding to marry was a doctrine of demons (1 Timothy 4:1-3).

ii. Paul “was aware how powerfully a counterfeit show of purity deceives the godly.” (Calvin)

d. It is better to marry than to burn with passion: Paul recognizes marriage as a legitimate refuge from pressures of sexual immorality. One should not feel they are immature or unspiritual because they desire to get married so they will no longer burn with passion.

i. Paul is not speaking about what we might consider “normal” sexual temptation. “It is one thing to burn, another to feel heat… what Paul calls burning here, is not merely a slight sensation, but being so aflame with passion that you cannot stand up against it.” (Calvin)

ii. At the same time, if someone has a problem with lust or sexual sin, they should not think that getting married itself solves their problems. Many a Christian man has been grieved to find that his lust for other women did not magically “go away” when he got married

🙂😉 the donut shop analogy ; the single person can go to the donut shop and buy what they want and sit down as long as they like and enjoy it. The married person can go into the donut shop usually has to pick it up and then go straight home. I was never married nor had any kids and i haven't dated in 20 years . When i go to the donut shop i usually buy more than i can eat hoping to share it with someone who will sit at the same table because it's hard for them to object to the good news of Jesus Christ with their mouths full of a peanut butter filled donut 🙂😉

Ilikeroses2^

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2024 12:03 PM

I think that for the Kingdom of Gods sake this teaching in Matthew19:12 on Eunuchs could be the verse that if applied and taken to heart could save a person from potentially marrying an ungodly partner. This could save them from hell. I believe God wants Marriage when it is two Christian partners only not when one is a Christian and one isn't.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2024 09:06 PM

God said "It is not good for the man to be alone" before sin entered the world.

After sin entered the world, the Bible says Proverbs 31:3 and Proverbs 3:10, Ecclesiastes 7:28, Matthew 19:10, Mattthew 19:29 and 1 Corinthians 7:1 and Luke 18:28-30.

It is good to store our treasure in heaven.

Some choose singleness for the kingdom of God. But not everyone can accept being celibate and single.

Revelation 14:4

These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Feb, 2024 01:27 PM

Hebrews 13:4

Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed to be undefiled; for fornicators and adults God will judge.

Note

God will judge!

Many people divorce but it is not the unpardonable sin.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Feb, 2024 01:29 PM

" adulterers"

Correction

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Feb, 2024 01:31 PM

Many singles have had children but Never married anyone.

Several sexual relationships also.

Because Sin in the World.🌎

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Feb, 2024 04:22 PM

TRUE

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2024 07:52 AM

1 Corinthians 7:27 partly answers this question.

Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be released. Are you released from a wife? Do not seek a wife. CSB

If you are married, don’t get a divorce. If you are divorced, don’t try to find a spouse. CEB

That means that if a man has a wife, he should not seek to be free of her; and if he is unmarried, he should not look for a wife. CJB

If you are married, stay married. If you are not married, don't try to get married. CEV

Art thou bound to a wife? seek not to be loosed; art thou free from a wife? do not seek a wife. DARBY

The one bound to a wife should not seek divorce. The one released from a wife should not seek marriage. NET

Art thou bound unto a wife? Seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? Seek not a wife.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2024 12:53 PM

Mathew 19:9

"And I say to you. Whoever divorces his wife except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

nasb

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2024 12:59 PM

Many "Christians" have married an Unbeliever, is it biblical, no.

Bible says don't be unequally yoke together with an unbeliever.

Fyi

All have sinned and fall Shot of the Glory of God .

So they need Repent but stay married.

Page : 1 2