Author Thread: non-social christians?
Admin

non-social christians?
Posted : 22 Oct, 2009 09:13 PM

I have aspergers syndrome and am not social. People avoid me even when I make an effort to be friendly.

At this point I am nearly 100 % burnt out trying.

Since God gave me high functioning autism am I required to socialize as much as a healthy christian?

Adam

View Profile
History
non-social christians?
Posted : 23 Oct, 2009 08:04 AM

We must plan our own plan of salvation. To some they are missionaries others pastors, ect. ect. and so forth.You can write and share jesus on the internet.I do not now anything about your health issue.Pray and have god lead you friend.

I have seizures so I work in a different area.I have a better understanding on having to rely on people.

Dennis

View Profile
History
non-social christians?
Posted : 23 Oct, 2009 11:00 AM

Just remember God and His love are personally, you don't need anyone but Him.

In regards to these people that shun you, that is their failure not yours. I wish I had something to say to make you realize the depth of that reality, but alas it is yours to discover on your own.

View Profile
History
non-social christians?
Posted : 23 Oct, 2009 04:58 PM

Adam: God makes each one of His own unique in many ways. The challenge, I think, is using all that God has given you to the best of your abilities. For example, if... for some reason or another... you only had one leg... Do you think anyone would expect you to compete in a race against other 2-legged runners? God has given us all special gifts, abilities, AND LIMITATIONS. What are the limitations for? Sometimes, it helps us to slow down... sometimes it helps us to relate to certain other groups of people... sometimes it is used to challenge us... It is NEVER meant to hinder. I'm not an expert in this field, but I believe aspergers syndrome patients have a high interest in certain areas. Do you think it's possible that God blessed you with this to help you better focus on areas of life or ministry that He wants worked on? My challenge to you is to push forward, find ways to work around your situation, and continue to seek His face in all that you do.

I agree with dgrimater... try using the internet to spread your love for God. That sounds like a good option.

In Christ

Garrett

Tarasye

View Profile
History
non-social christians?
Posted : 24 Oct, 2009 12:25 AM

Great Answer JesusFreak. It reminds me of many autistic people that have savoid talents especially in areas of math and music. If not for the autism they might never have discovered their ability to just sit down and play music so sweet it makes us cry. Those are truly God given talents. With most of us, our talents are far less obvious and it up to each of us to figure out what it is God gave us to bless others with. Don't try to be what you are not, just be the Best You that you can be, cuz that is what makes God Smile.

Tarasye