Author Thread: when is the right time to stop communicating with other guys?
Admin

when is the right time to stop communicating with other guys?
Posted : 23 Oct, 2009 02:15 AM

Is it not good to chat with other men�or get to know them while u has a boyfriend online?

This guy asked me if I could be his gf and I said yes�. but we never met yet personally.

And because I�m still a member here there are also other guys show interest on me and want to get to know me. Should I let myself talk on them or take chances? Coz I�m not sure yet if we, with my online bf are meant to be forever coz my trust on him is not yet 100%.What I�m going to tell with other guys that show interest on me? Or do I need to change my profile?

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Oct, 2009 04:14 AM

Dear born, I wouldn't call a guy I NEVER met "my boyfriend" how?!! Online, I wouldn't consider it even a relationship, it's only a way to find someone u may feel comfortable enough later on to see in person, and date.

If u're serious about that guy, and like him ,then u need to focus on knowing him more, and developing your relation.

Meanwhile, if u want to keep your profile here, u could just add a note that u're involved or interested in someone until u are completely certain where this thing is going, so no one be misled.

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Oct, 2009 04:14 AM

Dear born, I wouldn't call a guy I NEVER met "my boyfriend" how?!! Online, I wouldn't consider it even a relationship, it's only a way to find someone u may feel comfortable enough later on to see in person, and date.

If u're serious about that guy, and like him ,then u need to focus on knowing him more, and developing your relation.

Meanwhile, if u want to keep your profile here, u could just add a note that u're involved or interested in someone until u are completely certain where this thing is going, so no one be misled.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Oct, 2009 04:51 AM

I have to agree with Phoebe on this one completely. Good advice Phoebe.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Oct, 2009 02:27 PM

Yeah, claiming someone as your "bf" or "gf" online when you haven't even met each other in real life is waaaaay too premature. Take your time getting to know people you meet. When you ultimately find yourself talking to one particular person a lot, really make it a priority to find out as much as possible about that person and really get to know each other before ultimately meeting up in real life. The only way you'll truly know if you're compatible with someone is to actually meet them.

But also, make sure to pray and allow God to take control of all your communications. He puts people into our lives for a reason, and if you allow Him to be in control, He'll give you the best results!

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2009 01:25 PM

Agree, Agree with advice so far. Another consideration when a guy (gal) wants to be exclusive BF/GF that may be a control issue and then a warning sign!

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2009 02:44 PM

Born. I agree with the previous responses . I wouldn't call it a bf either. And I wouldn't even allow myself to fall in love with someone I never met in person yet. Be careful.

Pray, that God will give you discernment and wisdon to know the right person, and that God will take that person away from you if he is not the one. Believe me--- it works...

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2009 02:58 PM

First off everyone here you need to realize the concept of boyfriend and girlfriend is different in the Philippines than in America. So should not be so harsh on her. It is a more innocent concept and reading about the differences would be helpful to do.

It always wiser to take things slowly. I am not sure how to answer the question but pray about it. Take care.

Adam

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2009 07:04 PM

dear folks, to me if you both decided you were going to committ to each other and each other only then whether youve met or not you should act accordingly.. for the LORD says let your yes be yes and your no be no.. anything else is from satan..

you can always write folks back and just say i am in a committed relationship now sorry. or choose not to reply at all.. you can stay here for the forums id say.. but the rest is all about trust..

ole cattle

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2009 09:19 PM

I really don't think any of the advice above is harsh, I think it is concerned and caring. Despite cultural differences, there were many good points made here about control issues, and discernment, and not moving too quickly, especially when you have not yet met.

The very spirit of your post suggests you are not completely comfortable with his request for exclusivity. Be honest with him and tell him so. If he is a man of God, he will understand your feelings, and be patient and kind with you. If he gets angry, that too is an answer, one that I would say you should flee from.

Set your boundaries in the word of the Lord, but also remember that many wear the label, but few walk the walk, and it seems to always help me to pray to the Lord for His Guidance in these matters and Guard your Heart for Christ.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2009 05:49 AM

Thanks everyone...:waving: for sharing me your views.

Now I know what I'm going to do and I'm not bothered anymore in the situation I have now.

God Bless U ALL!!!

Rowela