Author Thread: sometimes lonely
Admin

sometimes lonely
Posted : 27 Oct, 2009 06:31 PM

I originally mistakenly posted this under the 'young adults' section:

When you're feeling lonely and just in one of those moods where it seems like everybody else isn't and you're jealous and just feel like you're in a world of hurt. what do you do? lessons learned from personal experience are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 27 Oct, 2009 06:40 PM

and also to go along with the original question, why do we get lonely?

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 12:12 AM

dear remp, GOD says it is not good for man to be alone.. HE knew that and therefore made him a helper comparable to him.. and that a man will leave his father and mother and be joined with his wife. and they shall become one flesh..

see GOD knew it was not good for man to be alone.. and since HE took mans rib and made woman.. that even though we may be a whole person it is that we are missing that wholeness that we were meant to have.. when we become one flesh with our wife .. and a woman will miss that feeling of wholeness too till she becomes one flesh with her huband..

least thats what i believe.. that is unless youre born or manmade a eunuch .

genesis 2:18 And the Lord God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."

genesis 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 01:51 AM

To answer your original question: I�ve definitely experienced that, and it is definitely sucky. But once I think about it for a little while I realize that I�m thinking emotionally instead of rationally, and I eventually remember that I do have some really great people in my life- even though most of them are geographically very far and have their own busy lives. Sometimes just knowing that there are people out there that care about you (which there are), and seeking them out, can be helpful in making the lonely feeling go away. Now that�s just loneliness in a very general context�if you�re talking about in a relationship context and the loneliness that comes from being single- that�s a little different. I�ve definitely experienced that loneliness too- it�s hard not to when it seems like most of the people you knew growing up are engaged, already married, or even already having kids (definitely crazy for me to think about considering the fact that I�m still so young� but I definitely know how sucky it feels to be the single one surrounded by happy couples). With this kind of loneliness you just have to trust that God has someone out there for you, and keep in mind that though you may be feeling pretty sucky for the moment, that loneliness is not going to last forever. And while you�re waiting for the right one to come along (don't settle!), surround yourself with friends and the people in your life that care about you- live your life to the fullest and appreciate what you do have. :glow:

As far as why we get lonely�.I agree with Ole Cattle�s response.

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 08:04 PM

I looked at your profile--24 years old. That is awfully young to be lonely. When I knew a divorce was inevitable I intentionally started widening my circle of friends and activities--a lot of service minded activities where I would meet people with similar interests and values.

I would recommend that you become as active as possible. You will grow as a person, become more developed in areas, and develop a servant's heart that will prepare you for marriage.

My heart goes out to you...with God you are never alone even if you feel alone. I will pray for you that the Holy SPirit lead you in a direction that you are fruitful in meeting people of blessing. And as you seek to be a blessing to others, you will be blessed and the loneliness will subside.

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 08:31 PM

been there, am moving back to my extended family area. what i found recently is that my sister is experiencing the fears/anxieties, and has for years the same life issues of views of the prospects of growing old. There has been some settling of the anxiety when i talk to her and we share. I believe talking is a good place to include, also do some journalling.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 09:09 PM

Oh, my Dearest Remp, you are so wise for your young years, and this post really speaks to me in a way that I hope will help you.

After spending seven years with a man who was more interested in drinking, the bar, sports and other women, all over me and my company, I can honestly say that there is one thing worse than being alone, and that is being lonely when you are not alone.

My path back to the Lord was not your average walk, but then again, I guess most everyone can say that. I did learn however to look at the overall picture of things and where they fit into the grand scheme.

I think the Greeks and Romans actually have a point to make through mythology. Did you ever notice that so many of their gods and goddesses are named for emotions? In many ways mythology reminds me of those Biblical creatures that were half monster like Goliath. You recall, when demons mated with the daughters of Eve, a primary reason for the Great Flood? I think the concept of the two when you consider it, makes great sense. Demons are named for emotions because they have the ability to twist and manipulate our emotions. So just as mythology had a goddess of love, and a god of war and such, demons also have assignments to their causes, and they tend to congregate like the party from hell. I tend to believe if we could actually see them, they might resemble something close to the evil little bad gremlins when fed after midnight or splashed with water. Varying in sizes to some degree most likely, but vile creatures none the less.

Imagine for a moment that there could be a shred of truth in this. Then your gambling demons would probably love Atlantic City or Las Vegas. Spirits of Homosexuality would frequent cities where Homosexuals feel comfortable to frequent. But what of the lesser things? Most people with compulsive behaviors have several. Some guy lies, and drinks and cheat on his wife. A woman gambles and does meth, and loses it with her kids.

I tend to think demons do not like to be lonely either, and we become their vile source of entertainment. They whisper their manipulative ways often sounding louder than the Holy Spirit, for I would imagine they likely wouldn't whisper, but scream.

I think the thoughts that plague us are demonic whisperings to guide our thoughts in directions that are not productive in our walk, and this is where you find "Lonely"

Loneliness gives us a self centered focus that is not a positive focus, but more of a downward spiral. Don't get me wrong, I think we all wrestle with this emotion from time to time, some more than others, and even married people find themselves engaged with this demon.

What would this demon be saying if you could hear it? Would it tell you that you are unworthy? Would it say that no one wants you? Would it say you are unattractive? Does this not sound like exactly the type of thing you would expect from the author of all lies?

And while you are caught up entertaining this self focused thought, you are not considering a way to lift someone else up or your focus is inward instead of upward Trusting the Lord who has all things under control.

These are things I try to remember when I find myself where you are. I try to remember that this place of barren loneliness is temporary for the Lord my God would not abandon me in a barren waste land. I am here but for a season, and I have things to learn and things to offer while I am here before I can move out of that season into a place of more prosperity where I might live more abundantly.

The more you pray about this and redirect away from the emotion into the walk and the way, seeking what the Lord has brought you to this place to learn, and to help those around you grow as you grow, the sooner you will find yourself moving out of this Season of Desolation.

Remp, learn to recognize the dark things for what they are, and pay them no dues, for as we entertain negative thinking, these forces gain their foothold and take root within us. Just like having a cigarette doesn't addict you, but after you have a few, you have a few more, and twenty years and a two pack a day habit later, it is not so easy to put it down.

If we allow our thinking to become programed to the voice of darkness, it takes root within us and we make the devil's job easy.

Know this my Friend. God has not put this feeling of wanting a good wife within you without reason, and He does have a plan for you. Ask Him to discard your will for His Will and make straight your path to Walk in His Way, and then Trust in Him and His Plan for your life. Learn to recognize and discern what is dark and what is the Light of His Will, and do not entertain dark thoughts, and these feelings will leave as demonic forces move on to easier marks.

I hope this makes sense to you my Friend, and I will keep you in my prayers that the Lord might Lift you out of this place of despair.

Tarasye:waving:

Linnie41

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 01:38 AM

EXCELLENT, Tarasye!!

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 08:35 PM

Man was made from the earth -- Woman was made from man's side(Bone of Bone). This is the reason that we are attracted to each other. GOD in His Wisom made everything in pairs -- Up, Down -- Off, On -- Hot, Cold. All of Nature has a balance, a way of offsetting, of complementing each other.

Man and Woman need each other and seek each other. In The Garden it was all perfect. After The Fall, well...we are all a witness.

Loneliness is a normal emotional response to being without companionship -- yet this normal response can be a strong emotion that can be and is used by our enemies to lead us down the wrong path. The desire For Love and To Love and for Intimacy can be very strong and we can be foolish in our actions.

Being alone does not mean that you are alone! After all you are there! And so is your Guardian Angel and of course Jesus. I do not mean to make light of peoples feelings and I do know how strong a feeling Loneliness is. But, we do need to catch ourselves when we find ourselves in that dwindling spiral that leads to foolhardy mistakes and turn to The Light.

Some of the loneliest times in my life were made doable by a dog at my side that hung on every word I said and not once passed judgement!

I leave you with a quote from ST. Augustine of Hippo.

Understanding is the reward of faith. Therefore seek not to understand that you may believe, but believe that you may understand.

St. Augustine of Hippo

lordsgirl

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 30 Oct, 2009 09:09 PM

I know what it feels to feel that way, and it doesn't feel good at all. Usually those moments catch me by surprise and so i try to balance my time with making sure i find time to be with friends who care and understand my 'singleness' - and then take those 'alone' times to do things i enjoy doing on my own.

last but not least, In those quiet times, i take my 'feelings' to God, He knows exactly how I feel and pour it out to Him, He's the one that fully understands. and those 'lonely' feelings only last for awhile!

Lordsgirl

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 30 Oct, 2009 09:56 PM

This is all such great response and encouragement for you brother remp, it's even working for me in reading these! Just know God loves you and he's sayin so through all these nice folks here.

God Bless you bro

Page : 1 2