Author Thread: sometimes lonely
Admin

sometimes lonely
Posted : 27 Oct, 2009 06:31 PM

I originally mistakenly posted this under the 'young adults' section:

When you're feeling lonely and just in one of those moods where it seems like everybody else isn't and you're jealous and just feel like you're in a world of hurt. what do you do? lessons learned from personal experience are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 10:44 AM

Taraseye has a good point, did you ever read "The Screwtape Letters" by CS Lewis? Talks about this very thing~how satan and his fallen ones plot against God's children and it goes into detail on their conversation. Really makes you think how we do have an enemy.

But the one thing they hate?~~When God's children praise Him in spite of everything going wrong. Nothing scares the devil more than saints who are down for the count and rise up and praise God. Look at Paul and Silas in the prison~~I think it causes an earthquake in satan's domain every time God's children praise Him. Not easy but necessary, it's a weapon. "Put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness".

We all are here seeking God's will and He sees and hears~~preaching to the choir here! :laugh:

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 1 Nov, 2009 04:21 PM

So today i took some time to stop and reflect (while getting my hair cut) and this post came to mind and i finally have a thought on it.

I reflected on how sometimes you can be alone and not lonely and other times you can be with others and still lonely. And the difference between lonely and not lonely is when you're enjoying being yourself and when you're not.

And plain and simple, there's never any good reason to feel this way. It's like kicking yourself when you're down. Sometimes you get down. But it doesn't mean anything so bounce back.:bouncy:

View Profile
History
sometimes lonely
Posted : 1 Nov, 2009 07:14 PM

Remp,

There ya go Mate!

Page : 1 2