Author Thread: what do you really look for in a profile?
Admin

what do you really look for in a profile?
Posted : 1 Nov, 2009 07:01 PM

dear folks, what is it that you really look for in a profile.. i mean what is it that would attract you to them and make you wanna get to know them better? thanks

ole cattle

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2009 04:51 AM

A picture is always nice as I think we all like to know who we are talking to, but if there is no narrative, I generally pass them by because I am not looking for a pretty face, I am looking for someone who is about something. I have met many a good looking person that turned out to be someone I didn't really want to be involved with. I am looking for what they have to say. I am looking for INTERESTING! Not ho hum, "I like sunsets and walks on the beach, and I would like to have dinner and go for a walk. I really like music." Truly generic, but you can rewrite the same profile to sound exciting.

"I like to take walks on White Sands Beach because the Sunsets there are Amazing, and I would want to share them with someone that would appreciate them as much as I do. I always enjoy taking a date to Sarducci's because it is the BEST Italian food I have EVER eaten and afterward we can take in the Sculpture walk cuz they are both downtown where they have all these little sidewalk musicians playing."

Which person would you want to go out with? So many have no profile and/or no narrative. Don't be a waste of space, tell us who you are, what you are doing in your faith and your ministry. Tell us why you are unique and special. Tell us everything the picture doesn't say, cuz if we care enough to look at your profile, we want to know.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2009 02:39 PM

I agree with you Tarasye. Ya gotta spark interest some how. How are we to know what interests you and what you enjoy or are searching for if there is no info included in the profile. We can all see a picture and " A picture holds a thousand words" as they say...but without the words its just a picture. Interests are important. It lets the person that happens upon your profile know what is important to you and an insight as to what you are about. Common interests could lead to Compatibility...etc...etc...

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2009 04:31 PM

As time has gone on I have tried several different things.My pic feeding the bear cub got many women to visit my profile.Now I am working on improving my description.Dennis:party:

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2009 02:09 PM

When someone demonstrates that God is the center of his life. If he shows confidence describing himself, it really turns me off when they say I don't know what to say here! or they use prefer not to say. Their interests, talents & things we could have in common. Also agree with the ladies that a photo is very important to have an idea how a person looks like.

Phoebe :glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2009 06:04 PM

His LOVE for the Lord made evident by words of relationship rather than preaching with 15 scriptures. If he really loves the Lord? He will really love me.

Attractive~to me~ which means clean~ nice teeth~ good tempered~ funny~strong but tender~passionate/mild pda~ clean mind and language~ morally pure which is a BIG problem with almost all that I've dated~~ not overweight~I eat healthy and exercise to take care of this temple~so should he. :applause:

Musical~~I know couples that fit so tight that are both musical and minister along side of each other well. God made it that way!

Humilty~humility to me is not bragging about how buff he is, works out x amount of times a week, has his age limits for a woman set at half his age?~ how he has NO baggage~right, :rolleyes:~just humble and won to earth~like Cattleman. :)

Non-drinker/smoker~Life is a challenge and these things make it harder, in my opinion.

Political compatiblity~I used to think this did not matter too much until I dated a guy that thought abortion is okay and voted for Obama~no~I found out it was a huge matter.

Loves children and family life~extroverted enough to enjoy all family events with me.:purpleangel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2009 04:40 PM

I agree with just about everything that's been said here. It would seem that someone that took the time to write an expressive profile would be someone that is willing to make an effort on other things in their life.

The only problem with that is that there are some of our Sisters and Brothers whom are not as outgoing and as confident as present company. My prayer is for them to recieve the Grace to feel more comfortable on this site.

Peace

Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.

Abraham Lincoln

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Nov, 2009 04:36 PM

The first thing I look at in a profile is whether or this person has a strong love for the Lord. It seems that many of the men who do contact me don't even talk about God in their profiles so that leaves me wondering about whether or not they have a relationship with Jesus. Personally I want to be equally yoked with a born again, Bible believing Christian man.

Another thing I look at is the picture. A picture is worth a 1,000 words in my eyes. Personally, I don't understand why anyone who is sincere wouldn't want to post their picture. But then again, who am I to judge? I suppose they have their reasons. :MrT: