Author Thread: Howdy from the mission field
Admin

Howdy from the mission field
Posted : 3 Nov, 2009 01:42 PM

I am new to this site and looking to fellowship with like minded, missions minded brothers and sisters in Christ. Officially I�m a sent missionary, according to Acts 13:1-3, to the Eastern Band Cherokee Nation (that's between NC and TN).

Have you read any of these books?

Loving God, by Charles Colson (1987)

Tortured for Christ, by Richard Wurmbrand (1969)

Under Cover, by John Bevere (2001)

Extreme Devotion (a daily devotional for missionary minded brothers and sisters),

by Voice of the Martyrs (2001)

Always Enough, by Rolland & Heidi Baker (2003)

If so, I�d enjoy sharing our missionary perspectives on the thought provoking subjects discussed in these books, here or at my profile.

If you haven�t read these, may I strongly suggest reading them to anyone considering the mission field as their �calling�.

Jeannie

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2009 10:14 PM

Hello!! :)

I visited Cherokee National Park during a recent trip to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. It is so beautiful!! Is that where you are?

God Bless,

T

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Nov, 2009 02:26 PM

The park there is the Great Smoky Mountain National Park...assuming you were near Cades Cove TN, too. Yes, that is where I'm at, but just east of the Gatlinburg, TN border is the Eastern Band Cherokee Nation.

I am invited to move there by a Tribal Chief (and this is necessary to live on the Cherokee Nation) and soon as school is out in June for my girls, we should be moving up the mountain (Waynesville is situated between the Smokies and the Blue Ridge Mountains about 30 miles east, downhil from Cherokeel). I am hoping to find housing right along the Oconaluftee River.

I volunteer three days a week in Cherokee and God is opening doors for other ministry.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2009 03:13 PM

It is absolutely beautiful area and I'd imagine living with the Native Americans would be a wonderful experience!!

God Bless you and if I get to return to the area (and I'd love to) I'll let you know and maybe I can help a little bit!! :) I've never done any kind of missionary work.

With love,

T

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2009 04:40 PM

Whah-hoo. Missionary work is nothing more than loving people....and LOVE is the universal language that we all understand!

I'd love to introduce you to the Cherokee culture and people.