Author Thread: makeup??
chip_denton

View Profile
History
makeup??
Posted : 8 Nov, 2009 10:02 PM

why do some girls put on so much makeup?

View Profile
History
makeup??
Posted : 12 Nov, 2009 10:18 PM

i know she'da liked you too my friend

View Profile
History
makeup??
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 06:29 AM

I am not a kind of girl who wear make up too much, because I believe, that make up is not to cover anything, it's only to enhance the look.

The correct amount of make up (and perfume) will make me look (and smell) good. And I personally love to look (and smell) good. It makes me happy.

regards from Indonesia

View Profile
History
makeup??
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 01:20 PM

I did an experiment and changed by main profile photo to one that is "more"... i've had 16 views and two winks in in two days. (i've been on since March)

THAT'S WHY.

View Profile
History
makeup??
Posted : 16 Nov, 2009 11:12 AM

At my former Church my former Pastor once said in a sermon that it is a crime that women should have to wear make up but it should be crime when some don't. LOLOLOL

Seriously though. I think that a woman should also present herself without makeup. Sometimes makeup can make a woman look drastically different then what she really looks like. We really want to see a person in a more....natural look then a made up one. After all when we marry someone we don't want to wake up on the honeymoon, roll over, look at the person we thought was our wife, jump out of bed and scream and yell... "WHERE'S MY WIFE?!"

I guess the old saying... "less is more" can be a good application here.

Blessings!

Walter

View Profile
History
makeup??
Posted : 16 Nov, 2009 07:03 PM

Pretty funny Walter~~:laugh:

I know some girls that sleep with their make up on so I guess that would solve that one~:rolleyes:~~I just wear mascara and lipstick but I used to wear more until my first husband told me I look beautiful without it and I guess that helped my "esteem"~

There is a way to get it tatooed like lips~eye brows~permanent eye lash extensions~eye liner~so then you have the natural look and never put it on! :applause:

Seriously, I believe most men would flip if they saw the Hollywood girls without it but most of them get permanent make up~and because of the magazines and everything else~a woman feels a lot of competition to look good to the opposite sex.

More views and winks huh? Interesting~~:purpleangel:

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
makeup??
Posted : 20 Nov, 2009 07:48 AM

OK, I tried the whole profile picture change too. I went from the black and white one where I had on little or no makeup (but it was a good picture of me other than that), to a more recent color photo where I have on as much makeup as I ever wear on a daily basis (I didn't think it was as good a picture of me).

The result: I've gone from maybe one or two profile views per day and practically no winks/emails/IMs, to multiple views per day that are often accompanied by emails and IMs (that I usually miss because I can't chat at work). Can't say I'm always interested in the viewer, but at least guys are looking!

So was it the fact that I put up a color photo, even if it wasn't as good a picture of me? Or was it the fact that I had on more makeup in that picture? Who knows. But something worked!

miekachan

View Profile
History
makeup??
Posted : 19 Apr, 2010 03:25 PM

I don't know how other girls think, but i wear makeup becuz i don't feel beautiful, and the world has convinced me that i'm not. i also wear it to hide the person i really am, becuz i'm afraid that the ppl won't like who i am so i thus hide myself behind my makeup.

Maggy

chip_denton

View Profile
History
makeup??
Posted : 28 Apr, 2010 03:34 PM

i agree with you when you said, "Less is more in my opinion. It should be natural looking, and enhance the beauty that God gave her."

crisellejoy143

View Profile
History
makeup??
Posted : 23 Mar, 2014 10:39 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm a woman and I wear make up so I'll answer your question in the best way I can.

I believe that God gave me beauty. I apply make up to enhance some of my features but still I see to it that i i don't over do it.

I use pencil for my brows to make it look cleaner. I also apply powder cake or sometimes liquid foundation to avoid having oily face which is actually a big disappointment for us girls. I wear red lipstick sometimes. Yes, red lipstick.

I know my body is the temple of Christ. I am taking care of it. I think making myself more beautiful is one way of taking care of myself. I gain more confidence to face others.

So in my honest opinion, there's nothing wrong with applying make up as long as you don't over do it. Simplicity is still important.And the best make up in the world is called - SMILE :)

Page : 1 2