Author Thread: Sin and Feeling Convicted
Admin

Sin and Feeling Convicted
Posted : 10 Nov, 2009 03:06 PM

A guy I used to date seemed like a really nice guy, he knew his Bible, seemed to have a good walk, wasn't easily angered, from the outside he looked like a really close to perfect man. We had talks about the Bible and religion and the like. One day we were having a discussion about sin and premarital sex. He said he didn't think that it would be a sin for he and I to have sex because I was his wife in his heart. This really shocked me. I told him that we weren't married, obviously. He said they didn't have weddings in the Bible days. I said that at least two people had to agree on it and I didn't!! Anyway, he continued on the topic of sin in general and he said that if he didn't feel convicted of it, then he didn't think it was a sin. This really blew me away. I was not expecting anything like this from this man. I tried to ask a bunch of questions to make sure I understood him, and it was the same.

Is this a common thought process? Or is this what the liberal churches are teaching these days?

As I said, I'd been asking God to show me if he was who he wanted me to be with and that answered my question; we aren't together anymore.

Just curious on yalls thoughts,

T

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2009 03:43 PM

dear dr. phyllis,

that sounds to me like a feller just manueverin to get what he wanted.. tryin to justify things.. manipulating you...

now we all may slip and fall sometime at things.. but instead of justifyin we should be on our knees repenting when we do.. if he didnt feel guilty bout that then his heart was hardened to it.. to satisfy the flesh.. cause you will feel guilty about doin any sin.. less the hearts hardened..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2009 03:49 PM

Friend from the time of bible days and now things have changed.

In those days the woman you had sex with was your wife.You did not have a ceremony.Things have changed from the really old testament to the new testament.In Jesus day they did have a wedding party.In the days of Abraham your wife was the woman you slept with.

This is speaking of husband and wife relations.Now days in America it is a church wedding and a legal paper in the court.

This is America we have a few laws of marriage.

That guy just wanted some action before marriage.:devil: You should have said," Satan I rebuke you in the name of Jesus."

:ROFL: That would have got his attention.:laugh::party:

I know that is not a nice thing to say.But he cheapen you.

You are not a piece of trash,but a valuable person.You are a pearl in gods eye.And should be treated as such.You are a lady.:dancingp:

Happy2222

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2009 05:22 AM

You need to read Men are from Mars and women are from Venus. God made our sex thoughts different.

There is no such sin as pre marital sex. Sex is (Com mitment) marriage.

Someone said there is a new law in Kentucky, if you get divorced, you are still brother and sister.

Shalom

Dan

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2009 07:54 AM

I hear so many Christians today standing on "The Flesh is Weak" which is such a cop out. No different than "Married in my heart". Well if in his heart he feels that way, he'd better have a ring and a date in mind because both need to come before he crosses that line.

Marriage bed is not engagement bed, or is it the married in my heart bed or the flesh is weak bed.

These statements are cop outs and frankly the one most deceived by them are the ones that are making them that truly believe them, even though they already know it is nothing but a cheap excuse.

I like to counter such thinking with, "Well, that is interesting, because I believe in Obedience in the Word, for in our weakness if we stand strong in the Word, the Lord's Blessing will not fail us.

Blessings My Sister, I applaud you for you inspire me, and I know you inspire others on this site as well. Fear not, the Lord is on our side and if He stands for His Bride, who then can stand against us? His story is guaranteed to have THE Most Amazing "Happily Ever After" Ending, and this is one story that is not fiction and is no fairytale.

Our Brother dg has it right, a true Man of God will not cheapen a Woman of God into a piece of trash. If he understood how PRECIOUS you are to God, he would not DARE entice you to stumble, as we should also feel the same way towards tempting a True Man of God. Many Christian women miss this concept in wearing clothing that draw a man's eyes from her face, causing them to sin for their very gaze upon her.

The world says these things are normal and okay, and we all like to feel attractive and sexy, but we are told to remain pure, to be above the ways of the animals, one woman, one man to join as one and to remain faithful and pure unto our spouse. This is the way of the Lord. Both men and women of God need to strive for Obedience in the Word, lifting each other up in faith.

Christians who do not believe it is important to practice this way of thinking are not the Christian people I want to find myself yoked with. I have no desire to Lead My House, I want a Man of God that is worthy to Lead My House by being the kind of example I am proud to call a Husband. I want to look at his Fire for the Lord and Respect Who he is in Christ.

Always have the Courage to Stand on your Faith, for He will not Fail you.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2009 10:09 PM

Thank you all!!

And Tarasye, it's ironic that you used the term "cop out" several times, because he's a cop!! lol

Now Dan....don't be knockin me cause I'm from Ken-tuck!! Haha!! I have ALL my teeth AND I wear shoes!! ;)

With love,

T

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2009 10:24 PM

Well I would like to say its C-R-A-P but the site thinks that is a naughty word, so I probably shouldn't use it and will now go sit down in my naughty chair for a good time out for a while! LOL:nahnah:

Not really, but I probably should get back to sanding these hardwood floors I'm refinishing.

Tarasye!