Author Thread: What is your value?
Admin

What is your value?
Posted : 11 Nov, 2009 10:49 AM

Understanding the value of something determines how it is treated/handled. There is no difference if it is a precious jewel, an antique or a person. Unfortunately not many truly understand their value. I would like to share three things that I feel determines value: authenticity, availability, and the price someone is willing to pay.

Authenticity is being geniune�with yourself and with others. Take an honest inventory of yourself, what you like and dislike. Things that you dislike and can change, do all in your power to change, things you cannot change accept as that and be proud of who you are. Never try to be someone you not, as you settle for being a cheap copy of someone else instead of the geniune person God has created you to be.

Availability is what most people try to be. It is one thing to avail yourself to God, family, education and your career but it is another ball game to avail yourself to someone simply because they paid you a compliment or noticed you. Many of us long to be in relationships, and that is normal; but when you attempt to compromise by lowering your standards just because you are afraid of being alone you place yourself in a position to be available to anyone who shows you attention.

The price someone is willing to pay�simply put God loves us so much he was willing to send Jesus to die for you and I, even when we chose to live life independent of him. Some times we don�t want to say that we deserve to be treated like Kings and Queens in relationship and settle for someone just to co-exist with. Ask yourself regarding the person you intend to spend your time with, what price have I set (not monetary, but emotionally, spiritually, physically) for myself? Have I established clear boundries that we both understand and has it been communicated effectively? When I am with them to they add to or take away from my emotional, spiritual and physical well being?

The answers to all of these establishes our value? How have you been valuing yourself? Have you been geniune, too available, or lowered your standard by not making someone pay the price to be with you? You are worth it, God thought so and proved his love to us. What you believe about yourself will determine your actions. The decisions you make today affect your tomorrow. I pray this quick synopsis is a blessing to you. Feel free to comment, after all we are all family in Jesus.

View Profile
History
What is your value?
Posted : 11 Nov, 2009 10:22 PM

Thanks Bobby!! I like it!!

:applause:

View Profile
History
What is your value?
Posted : 12 Nov, 2009 06:57 PM

Glad to hear you enjoyed it...plan to put up more encouragement as the Lord leads...I just want to see people loved and fufilled. The most important part of that comes through our relationship with Christ.