Author Thread: NASA & THE BIBLE
Admin

NASA & THE BIBLE
Posted : 14 Nov, 2009 09:01 PM

This is an e-mail I got today and thought would be cool to share.

NASA & THE BIBLE

Thought this was pretty amazing and interesting!!

For all the scientists out there, and for all the students who have a hard time convincing these people regarding the truth of the Bible, here's something that shows God's awesome creation, and that He is still in control.

Did you know that the space program is busy proving that what has been called A "myth " in the Bible is true?

Mr. Harold Hill, President of the Curtis Engine Company in Baltimore, Maryland, and a consultant in the space program, relates the following

development .

I think one of the most amazing things that God has done for us today happened recently to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland.

They were checking out where the positions of the sun, moon, and planets would be 100 years and 1,000 years from now.. We have to know this so we won't send up a satellite and have it bump into something later on in its orbits.

We have to lay out the orbits in terms of the life of the satellite and where the planets will be so the whole thing will not bog down.

They ran the computer measurement back and forth over the centuries, and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red signal, which meant that there was something wrong with either the information fed into it or with the results as compared to the standards.

They called in the service department to check it out, and they said, 'What's wrong?' Well, they found there is a day missing in space in

elapsed time.

They s cratched their heads and tore their hair out.. There was no answer.

Finally, a Christian man on the team said, 'You know, one time I was in Sunday School, and they talked about the sun standing still.' While they didn't believe him, they didn't have an answer either, so they said, 'Show us, ' He got a Bible and went to the book of Joshua where they found a pretty ridiculous statement for any one with 'common sense.'! There they found the Lord saying to Joshua,'Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not a man of them stand before Thee.'

Joshua was concerned because he was surrounded by the enemy! And if darkness fell, they would overpower them. So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun stand still! That's right... 'The sun stood still and the moon stayed and lasted not to go down about a whole day!'

(Joshua 10:12-13)

The astronauts and scientists said, There is the missing day! They checked

the computers going back into the time it was written and found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was missing back in Joshua's day was 23 hours and 20 minutes, not a whole day.

They read the Bible,! and there it was about [approximately] a day. These little words in the Bible are important, but they were still in trouble because if you cannot account for 40 minutes, you'll still be in trouble 1000 years from now.

Forty minutes had to be found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits. As the Christian employee thought about it, he remembered somewhere in the Bible where it said the sun went BACKWARDS.

The scientists told him he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these! words in 2 Kings that told of the following story: Hezekiah, on his death bed, was visited by the prophet Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die. Hezekiah asked for a sign as proof. Isaiah said, 'Do you want the sun to

go ahead 10 degrees?'

Hezekiah said, 'It is nothing for the sun to go ahead 10 degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10 degrees. Isaiah spoke to the Lord, and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees BACKWARD! Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes!

Twenty-three hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the universe! Isn't it amazing?

References: Joshua 10:8 and 12,13 and 2 Kings 20:9-11.

Forward this to as many people who you believe would think this is equally as cool.

If God could do this then, how much more can he do for us today if we only believe in his word.

spri1458

View Profile
History
NASA & THE BIBLE
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 05:37 AM

That was really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

View Profile
History
NASA & THE BIBLE
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 11:46 AM

My Dear Fellow Christians,

While it would be wonderful to have proof that scripture is scientifically accurate. What you have read about those scientist using computers is not true. We need to be careful to validate things like this so as not to appear foolish and untrustworthy to non-believers.

This myth was started by a Harold Hill who back in the 60's was the President of the Curtiss Engine Company. They had a contract with NASA for electrical generators ( or some such thing). Mr. Hill wrote a book in 1974 titled 'How to Live Like a King's Kid'. Mr. Hill would tell this story at churches were he would speak about his book and it went out to other Christians from there.

NASA has no need to calculate that far into the future because most satellites stop functioning after a few dozen years.

Sorry to be the one to tell you this.

Now there are other ways to show and prove that scripture is scientifically accurate. In 'Science and the Bible' 1986 Henry M. Morris, Moody Press p.11-12 Mr. Morris accurately shows that mankind has been trying to count the stars since forever. Ptolemy counted 1,056 � Tycho Brache catloged 777 � Johannes Kepler counted 1,005. The total number of visible stars to the naked eye is perhaps 4000.

Yet the Bible has said that �the host of heaven cannot be numbered' (Jeremiah 33:22), while also comparing �the sand which is upon the sea shore� to �the stars of the heavens� in multitude (Genesis 22:17)

Before the invention of the telescope this was seen as a serious scientific mistake in the Bible. Now, however, it must be recognized as an supernatural scientific insight. Astronomers estimate that there are least 10 to the 26th power stars (that is a hundred-million-billion-billion stars), which reflects to the same order of magnitude as the number of grains of sand on the earth. Amazing but true and God told us this way long ago.

Truly, the stars cannot be numbered. If one could count ten numbers per second, it would take him at least a thousand-million-billion years to count up to 10 to the 26th power. This you can take to anyone who questions the validity and accuracy of Scripture. There are many more that Mr. Morris has found and if I find the time I will share.

Peace

Tarasye

View Profile
History
NASA & THE BIBLE
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 03:28 PM

Hey science buffs, check out a lecture series called "The Truth Project" where it compares what the world wants you to believe with biblical truth, and the proof that supports it all. Ask about it at your local Christian Book store or seek out studies in your local area through churches. Definitely worth every minute you will spend on it.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
NASA & THE BIBLE
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 10:05 PM

Tarasye, a men's group I was part of a couple months ago was using the Truth Project series for our study and discussion and I have to agree it's awesome and well worth getting your hands on if possible. I only was able to see the first 2 lessons, then was unable to attend anymore. I hope to be able to do this series in full when I am more settled. I have never before heard the scripture presented in such a way, what great revelation and depth about God's Word!

You can get more info at the focusonthefamily website or search the truth project...again I think it's well worth a look!

Jim

View Profile
History
NASA & THE BIBLE
Posted : 15 Nov, 2009 10:18 PM

Oh and thanks Archemedes for bursting my bubble bro! LOL

It's just an email that I thought was kinda neat, that's all. Although in line 8 and 9 it does mention a need to know positions of the sun and moon and planets to lay out orbits for the lifetime of these satellites... I'm no rocket scientist but it makes sense to me?

Tarasye

View Profile
History
NASA & THE BIBLE
Posted : 16 Nov, 2009 05:51 AM

I hear ya Jim, I had a similar experience with the same type of email that said that a Pepsi delivery driver was making his rounds after sept 11, 2001 and found a islamic establishment that was celebrating the demise of the WTC and other targeted areas on that day. The driver decided not to deliver his product, instead opting to remove their equipment and machines. He told his employer of the situation and expecting reprimand or perhaps even the loss of his job, he was greatly surprised when Pepsi contacted their biggest competitor, Coca Cola and they agreed not to service the establishment either, and together they decided to contact Anheiser Busch, and the story goes on and on, and in the end the establishment goes under because American's will not support terrorist acts or attitudes that support it

Great story, completely not true. I am certain I do not tell it half as well either, but I guess it doesn't matter, for it isn't true.

But the Truth Project is and it is Way Cool, I have only caught about half of the series myself, but it is awesome and the discussion it prompts is even more amazing. Definitely a Gem worth looking for.

Tarasye

LOVE2EDIFYJT

View Profile
History
NASA & THE BIBLE
Posted : 27 Jul, 2010 06:02 PM

:applause: Thanks from me,for your helpFULL input Truly! for letting me/us know these facts; I can believe this story of time 'a day missing' may have been started in 60's, but have you checked if people @ NASA or someone else, haven't tested this theory (I'm considering if scientist have the ability to research time as stated, wouldn't it be Important&Exciting to look into?)