Author Thread
spri1458

View Profile
Why do guys write very little in their ABOUT ME section and then wonder why women are not interested in them?
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 07:58 PM

If it's crazy to expect something of substance in a profile, then call me crazy too. I have found that many of the profiles by women are the same way, and it does not leave me with a good impression of them. They lead me to believe such things as:

1. She is trying to get by on looks alone (a turn-off for me).

2. She is uninteresting, not interested in much, unmotivated, or lazy.

3. She is so busy that she can't even fill out a couple of paragraphs.

4. She is not serious about developing a relationship.

5. She cannot communicate well.

etc. These are the most common profiles I wish I would stop seeing, since they really do not say anything about a person:

1. A single line listing qualities she thinks she has (with no further sentences explaining why)

2. A single line saying she loves God (anybody can say that)

3. A single paragraph that basically says nothing about her (I call them 'fluff' profiles)

4. A single line saying something like, "If you want to know, then ask."

spri1458

View Profile
Education
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 07:12 PM

I would prefer a woman with an educational level that is about equal to or greater than my own, only because it is more likely that we can talk about things of substance--math, science, English, philosophy, etc. I'm drawn to intelligent people and enjoy learning from them and being able to have intellectual conversations. An important thing I've learned, however, is that one's highest degree earned does not necessarily correspond to one's intelligence or interest in intellectual pursuits, so I would not ignore a woman for having less education than myself. Plus, a person's educational level may have been limited as a result of circumstances that were beyond his or her control, so I don�t feel that it�s right to ignore someone just because of educational level.

spri1458

View Profile
Question on certain teaching methods
Posted : 11 Jun, 2010 05:21 PM

Another good question from Garret.

I'm going to assume that the teaching method causes someone to sin (whether it seems like a 'big' sin or a 'little sin' isn't important, since sin is sin), even though it may do some good.

I can't remember the exact verse or where it's found, but there is one that says if your right hand causes you to sin, then cut it off. So, if that teaching method causes someone to sin, that person should take no part in it. If something seems good overall, but has some evil aspect to it that causes one to sin, then the whole thing becomes sinful in general and should be thrown away. Sin can easily corrupt the good, even when it seems small.

Now, if something is sinful to some degree BUT it can be changed, then I don't think it has to be completely thrown away. If this was the case, then God would have completely wiped out the human race long ago.

spri1458

View Profile
The Finger
Posted : 28 Apr, 2010 04:33 PM

NAB version:

"Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer, you shall cry for help, and he will say: Here I am! If you remove from your midst oppression, false accusation and malicious speech;"

spri1458

View Profile
Which is more important?
Posted : 23 Apr, 2010 06:44 PM

That's an interesting question. I'm assuming a situation where a person won't be able to pay off an agreed-upon amount at an agreed-upon time if that person uses the money for tithes instead of debts. In such a case, I think it is more important to pay off the debts. I think using the money for tithes when there are debts to be paid is dishonest, since the person promised to repay the debt. A person cannot give what (s)he does not have, and money that could go towards paying a debt is not really money that can be given away, in my opinion.

spri1458

View Profile
Why do you view me so many times?
Posted : 25 Mar, 2010 06:11 PM

I look at some profiles quite a few times myself. Reasons I have done so include (some tie into each other):

1. I often can't remember if I've looked at a profile (for several reasons).

2. I can be very indecisive or picky. I may see some things that I really like and some things I don't like and have trouble weighing them.

3. If the profile is long, I will go back to it multiple times (because I can't remember everything in it).

4. When a girl lists certain things she is looking for and several of them don't apply to me, I may have trouble deciding whether I should send a message anyway if I'm interested. So, I keep looking at the profile and wondering if it's worth a shot.

5. If I think a girl is out of my league, I may keep looking at her profile and wondering if I would be good enough for her.

I have to say though; I would never look at a profile multiple times and then not respond to a girl or turn her down right away if she wrote to me.

spri1458

View Profile
judgement!
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 05:40 PM

I believe that we have free will, but God can use us in varying amounts for His purposes. I believe He would only judge us for actions, thoughts, etc. that came about as a result of our own free wills. It doesn't make sense to me that He would make us do something and then judge us for it.

spri1458

View Profile
How would you feel
Posted : 4 Mar, 2010 04:29 PM

I would never date a woman who was dating another man under any circumstances. To me, the word dating implies an exclusive relationship in which two people get to know each other on a level deeper than that of friendship. When a couple agrees to date, it's as though a seed of love is planted and the couple work together to cultivate it. The plant might wilt (the couple might break up), or it may grow tall and strong (marriage). If the couple reaches the marriage stage, then they work together to protect the plant until one person dies. I think if one tries to grow more than one plant at a time, one will end up with several smaller plants. I would rather have one large beautiful one. I think it's better to date one at a time, if one thinks one needs to. That way, one plant is given time to wilt and fade away before a new one springs up. All of the person's attention can then be given to the new plant so it can grow as large and strong as possible.

spri1458

View Profile
Love vs. Hate
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 05:38 PM

I have thought some of the same things about love before. I have thought about why I loved the way I did and realized that my love wasn't as strong as it could be because it was based upon what I was getting from others. I had to think about how God loves and make a conscious effort to love like that. I think that the more you truly follow Christ's teachings, the easier it becomes to love in the 1st Corinthians 13 way--the most beautiful and powerful kind of love, in my opinion. It is the kind that God shows us and the most difficult for people to show one another.

spri1458

View Profile
FAITH trumps legalism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 04:09 PM

well said

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6