Author Thread: Wild at Heart/Captivating
Admin

Wild at Heart/Captivating
Posted : 16 Nov, 2009 03:39 PM

I was just wondering if anyone had read either of these books and, if so, your opinion.

I'd especially like to hear any man's opinion of Wild at Heart.

Thank you,

T

ShrewdDove

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2010 10:18 AM

I've read Captivating twice, and I started reading Wild at Heart (just for a different perspective) at one point.

My experienced with Captivating were different both times that I read it, and I believe it's because I was in different stages of spirituality and self-acceptance. I really enjoyed reading it the first time, but the second time through... I was not so impressed.

Give it a shot, though. It's worth at least that. :)

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 09:26 AM

I've read Captivating twice, and am on my third time.

The first time I read it was a few years ago. I wanted to throw it across the room and never pick it up again. I was at a low point emotionally, and I didn't want to hear what the book had to say. But I finished it because it was a gift from a friend, and I knew she would ask me if I had read it yet. By the end of the book, I didn't totally hate it anymore, but still didn't really see any application to ME personally.

The second time I read it, I was much more at peace with God and myself. The whole time I was reading it, I thought "This book was written especially for me. How did the authors know what I needed to hear?" It was such an encouragement to me.

As I'm reading it for the third time, I'm looking at it from yet another mind-set. Now I'm actually dating someone. I don't think I'm getting quite as much out of it as I did the second time, but it is helping me to keep things in perspective.

I've not read Wild at Heart, but I've heard good things about it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 08:41 PM

Hello BC!! :waving:

For me, reading Wild at Heart was very enlightening. I would recommend it for any woman that has to deal with a man! Haha!

As a woman, it revealed some of the reasons why men do some of the things they do, and why it's ok. I think it has better prepared me for a Biblical mate. It's not the absolute hand book for men or anythng like that, but I enjoyed it.

I had to stop reading Captivating a couple of times to really let it sink in, ya know? Overall, I feel it helped me grow in Christ, so I really liked it even though it hurt a little. :)

friendsforeverfirst

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2010 09:29 AM

I just finished "The Way of the Wild Heart" and "The Journey of Desire" ...

Both were good books.

"The Way of the Wild Heart" is a MUST read for women in my opinion.

Too many men are left for dead relationally, when what they experience in marriage is a transition into Godly manhood that none of us are prepared for ... we are simply not fathered well enough to possibly be prepared for the experiences that are heaped upon us in marriage ... true intimacy, child birth, job pressures, financial difficulties ....

READ THIS BOOK LADIES!

Understand your man and understand how God Himself is doing our "fathering" ... even into our 40's and 50's ....

Learn to love your man!

Stand by your man!

Be tender for him ... he CAN learn intimacy the way it was designed by God ...

But not when you are bitter and contentious!