Author Thread: Broken Heart #2
PrayerWarrior24

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 02:20 PM

I really need as much advice on this as I can get. I just recently broke up with my boyfriend last night. We had a long distance realtionship for 6 months. He came to Naples to meet me about a month ago. And everything seemed to be going great we discussed marriage and we had the same goals and morals in life We said we were like perfect for eachother. We connected on so many levels. My family and friends liked him alot. And last night he tells me out of nowhere he's not feeling it anymore and he wants to be friends. What the heck is wrong with people don't they know we as women have feelings. I'm so sad and my heart is bruised and broken. Any encouraging words would really help.

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 21 Dec, 2009 07:35 PM

dear glory, welcome to the forums..

i am so sorry to hear what you went through..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 22 Dec, 2009 06:17 PM

PrayerWarrior,

Although, I can't specifically walk in your shoes, long-distance relationships will definitely test the commitment and validity of what you feel and share with the person you love.

Some people do well in these types of bonds, while just as many people don't. I can say without a doubt that any pain that I have experienced no matter the circumstances have always led me closer to God. He gave me the courage and strength to walk through the internal suffering and to come out into a more pure place of being. A new perspective...if you will.

Hope this encourages and helps-

Will

Randy54156

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 23 Dec, 2009 04:04 PM

Obviously he has had someone else all along.

If it were your first time meeting, he may have been confirming if your personality was that of what you shared with him on your profile & on the phone.

Maybe he thought that getting married was like dying...a guy loses his freedom, his friends, his toys, and he has to share everything with a partner.

Psychgirl78

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 24 Dec, 2009 09:33 PM

Hi there,

I know what you're going through girl! I was with someone for almost a year and he just broke my heart. I had no idea it was coming, he took me out to dinner, brought me home and broke it off. I was expecting a ring for Christmas. The past few weeks have been very hard. I have found that I have good days and bad days. I know time will heal my heart.

What I have found is that prayer always lifts my spirits. I know in my heart that God has a plan for me. Sometimes I wonder what He's up to, but you have to trust in Him and have faith!

Besides prayer, focus on things that make you feel better. I believe in some moderate retail therapy (not going overboard). Go and get your hair done, buy a pretty outfit...it can lift your spirits. I always find that exercise immediately makes me feel better. Also a good laugh/cry with your best friend always works!

Just don't get down on yourself...that's been my struggle. Sometimes I am convinced I have some fatal flaw and will never be loved. I give those thoughts to the Lord. Know that you are wonderful and worthy of a good Christian man who will love you as you deserve!

Hang in there!

Rebecca

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 24 Dec, 2009 10:49 PM

dear p g ,,, welcome to the forums and merry christmas.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 30 Dec, 2009 06:45 PM

Thanks I really appreciate that.

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 11:53 AM

When I read your story and it is just like what happened to me. I mean to the "T"!!! I just got my heart broken the day before Thanksgiving because we did not see eye to eye on letting people walk all over me. I was not allowed to defend myself. In all honesty I think it was a cop out because he still has feelings for another woman he had told me about. When I was reading your message it even came to mind that it was the same man I met here. Freaky!!!

This all takes time to heal and the thing is what I have learned is that God protected you from something that was not good for you. I was about to change my whole life with this man but I had to ask God to show me if there is anything I needed to see before making the move of marriage. And God did!! I feel very relieved that God showed me and giving me wisdom. It hurts me still but I will not lose hope in love. Always ask God to help you. God will give you the man you deserve.

God Bless

Conny

ylevol

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 1 Jul, 2011 07:13 AM

ive read your post huh.. cant believe we have the same story i was just broke up with my bf same long distance relationship.. i thought hes the one , i thought everything goes better that he loves me and he was honest and loyal to me and then found out he will say he doesnt love me anymore after having 5 moths of relationship, my life was ruined, i beg to him not to go but doesnt work,, i was so hurt cause he betrayed me ifor i know the fact that he has someone else..

why do guys always like that? :( we do have feelings and we do get hurt..

:(

ylevol

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 1 Jul, 2011 07:22 AM

i was almost cried reading your mesage sis.. really hard but i am proud because you are so strong.. and like what you said "If someone rejects you and you are a child of God it willl turn out for your betterment. "

i know how it feels to be hurt..

i am just came from a brkoe up after 5 months of beautiful relationship with an american but doesnt work he betrayed me after all.. :( like you i cant even eat, and sleep for weeks.. and cant even work right :( i cried always.. and beg him not to leave me

was so hurt but i just put my trust in my LORDS heart

Page : 1 2