Author Thread: Broken Heart #2
PrayerWarrior24

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 02:20 PM

I really need as much advice on this as I can get. I just recently broke up with my boyfriend last night. We had a long distance realtionship for 6 months. He came to Naples to meet me about a month ago. And everything seemed to be going great we discussed marriage and we had the same goals and morals in life We said we were like perfect for eachother. We connected on so many levels. My family and friends liked him alot. And last night he tells me out of nowhere he's not feeling it anymore and he wants to be friends. What the heck is wrong with people don't they know we as women have feelings. I'm so sad and my heart is bruised and broken. Any encouraging words would really help.

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 03:47 PM

im trully sorry to hear that. relationships can sometimes be tough but if Ive learned one thing in life its God knows who he has in store for us so everything happens for a reason. Im sorry I wasnt on earlier when you tried to message me. I would enjoy speaking to you sometime though. I checked out your profile & really like the fact that you also are going to be working in the medical field. Who knows maybe we will have more in common wont hurt to find out will it? Message me sometime please Ik im under your age limit by 1 year so idk if itll let me talk 2 you or not lol. Well Ill ttyl have a blessed nite. Bye

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 07:45 PM

Um...sorry...do you two need to be alone? I can come back some other time.

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 07:54 PM

dear pray and pb, welcome to the forums.. and pray will be prayin for ya.. it usually just takes time to heal.. sometimes a little and sometimes alot..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 09:07 PM

Ms Prayer,

It sounds like a case of Cold Feet. The immature seem to catch that infliction way too often.

It may be difficult to believe or understand what I am about to tell you, but what I am going to tell you comes from experience � not from any book.

I�m sure you�ve seen photos or videos of people that have just been involved in a traumatic incident, earthquake, plane crash, terrorist attack. If you look in their eyes you will see shock � dismay � a stunned, bewildered look. Their world has been torn apart and then flipped upside down. Unless someone has been through trauma like that it is impossible to know the feeling.

You are now going through something similar

The trauma to your Heart and Soul is real and just like those people in those terrible incidents you also are asking WHY? God does not choreograph our lives. He does not plan every minutia of our movements. Because He gave us free will we will bring upon ourselves good or bad things, but nothing happens in this world without God�s permission. That means that what just happened to you God allowed.

He allowed it for a reason. A reason that only He knows, but still there is a purpose to what happened. Perhaps to let you have that experience or maybe to humble you or whatever. Maybe He is making you into that Warrior you want to be and is teaching you how to handle pain? Whatever the reason, you will learn from this and become a better person, girlfriend, wife and mother because of this.

Cry, grieve if need be � you�re allowed to. You are actually lucky that this Immature Kid did not become your husband and father to your children. Who knows � maybe even God had a hand in this. Look towards the next person in your life and look for the same warning signs (that I am sure were there with this last kid ) � but you did not see.

Believe me when I tell you that a much better MAN will come along (maybe the gentleman brave enough and strong enough to speak out in public about wanting to speak with you � Hint � Hint).

Surround yourself with the best friends you can find and your family. Some time during the day, find a quiet corner and just sit there and empty your mind. Then listen closely and you will hear Jesus whispering in your ear �I Love You�. �My Peace I give you�. You have my empathy, Ms. PrayerWarrior. God Bless You!

Peace

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 3 Dec, 2009 03:04 PM

Dear sis. sorry that u feel hurt, it's sad ....but I assure u the pain will go soon, and eventually heal. I think your guy was just excited to meet u. Many would act on impulse, when they think thoroughly the challenges of long distance sometime seem bigger.

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 3 Dec, 2009 07:18 PM

My best advice is seek the Lord. Ask God to remove those feelings. Did the Lord say that this person was your husband? If you didnt hear from Him, then He is just protecting His daughter, he could have been a distraction. If you did hear from God, then maybe this person just got scared and will be back at another time.

I would definitely ask the Lord to remove those feelings in your heart. Give it to the Lord, He knows what it's like to be rejected, believe me, He understands and He's waiting for you to come to Him with it. LIke the others say, it takes a little time, but each time you feel the hurt, pray again, Lord remove that pain. It works, honestly.

If you need help, email me and we can talk. I have years on you and have been through it many times.

Jennifer

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 5 Dec, 2009 08:49 PM

I'm sorry for your heartache. It is hard to let go of someone that you thought would be there forever. It does get better but be patient with your self and turn to the Lord for His comfort. I married at 18 and found out after 35 years of marriage that my husband did not love me anymore and hadn't for many years. He just stayed with me because of the kids according to him. I thought my life was over. I was wrong. Life went on and I became stronger without him than I ever was with him. Yes it does get lonely sometimes but through prayer and bible study I have found out that the Lord loves me and is always with me and is always in control. You cant make someone love you if they don't and if you can turn it over to the Lord he will see you through the hard times. Be careful though and guard your heart loneliness can make you vulnerable. May God Bless you and give you peace

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 6 Dec, 2009 11:51 AM

Something to keep In mind, "your destiny Is never tied to anybody who can walk away from you." Just think of It as God looking out for you.

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 16 Dec, 2009 01:59 PM

You are young yet and will have many loves.Relax,some one better will come along.:peace:

View Profile
History
Broken Heart #2
Posted : 21 Dec, 2009 06:30 PM

I feel your pain. Nine months ago I met a man on another christian dating site. We talked for about three months. I thought he was my night in shinning armour. The first time he came to see me he stayed close by in a motel and we would go out and do things together. The day he left he ask me to marry him. He wanted me to come where he lived which was 8 hours away to get my ring. He was very egar to get the ring on my finger. For about two months things was fine then he started acting different. He said he had made a mistake, that he did not want to be engaged. I said o.k. I will send your ring back. He said no I will come and get the ring. He came to get the ring and after one day he was begging me to put th ring back on. I finally said o.k. here is my fingure you put it on me if your are sure. He put the ring back on, and in about the same amount of time the same thing happened again. He said he just wanted to be friends. I had my wedding dress and we had picked out where we were going on our honey moon. I was heart broken, couldn't eat, lost weight, got very depresed. When I would go to church people were looking at my fingure to see if the ring was on or off. A friend of mine worked at our local radio station and he had even announced our engagement over the air. The embarrassment, the rejection, the dissapointment it done a number on me. Probably never be the same. He told me that he was 90% over the death of his wife now. After he got over her death I guess he didn't need me anymore. I will say a prayer for you because I know how bad it hurts. I also know that prayer changes things. John Haggie said this today, If someone rejects you and you are a child of God it willl turn out for your betterment.

Page : 1 2