Author Thread: Recommended Movie About Joseph, earthly father of Jesus
rickc

View Profile
History
Recommended Movie About Joseph, earthly father of Jesus
Posted : 10 Dec, 2009 07:34 AM

I saw "Joseph of Nazareth: The Story of the Man Closest to Christ" on TBN last weekend. It touched me profoundly on a personal level. When viewing the film it occurred to me that "what Joseph went through" has life-application today. Especially w/r/t becoming or possibly becoming a step-parent, though of course, Joseph's situation was unique. I was adopted at age 3 months by the man who was the only father I knew. "What my dad went through" had parallels in the film. At times, Joseph is depicted as something like "jealous" because he wasn't Jesus' biological father. My dad had that sometimes, and we talked about it, though it was uncomfortable for us both -- just as Joseph and Jesus did in this film. Of course, this isn't recorded as actually happening in the Bible. But it most likely did happen. I have a new and deep appreciation for Joseph and plan to study his life more (though not much is available outside of a few passages in the Bible and Church traditions). It dawned on me that Joseph can be seen as a "type of God our Father" --- as we all have been adopted into The Heavenly Family. Praise God! and thanks be to Him! for Joseph, the earthly father of Our Lord Jesus Christ!

Amazon URL ---

http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Nazareth-Story-Closest-Christ/dp/B002LDAC66

God bless and Merry Christmas!