Author Thread: Favorite Story in the Bible
Gourd00

View Profile
History
Favorite Story in the Bible
Posted : 14 Jun, 2008 04:50 PM

What is your favorite Bible story (outside of Jesus' sacrifice)?

jeanene1987

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2008 06:14 PM

Gourdoo this is my favorite bible story:

Daniel 3:16-27:

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.

17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

19 � Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.

20 And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.

21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

22 Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire.

27 And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.

OUR GOD IS ABLE!! :applause:

OnfireforJesus

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2008 02:23 PM

I do not have a favorite story, but I have a favorite parable which is in Luke 15:11-32, and it is the parable of the lost son.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2008 12:19 AM

Acts 17: 22 - 34

I like Paul's speech on Mar's Hill because it applies so much to our society; superstitious and searching for God like the one paul preached to, and gives us a format for how to try and win it back.

We are certainly in the society of the unknown god in Australia these days.

Ned

patience27

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2008 09:49 PM

The story of Esther is my favourite biblical tale. It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord can use ordinary people to accomplish the extraordinary in the lives of others. Whenever I become discouraged with my circumstances, I remember this story and realise that God also has a plan for me and that I need to stay close to him to bring it to fruition.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Aug, 2008 07:27 AM

Ous, of my absoulte favorites is:Acts 27. It's when Paul sails with the centurion, Julius, to Italy after appealing to Caesar in Acts 26. During the trip, it's amazing to me how PAUL seems to be the one aadministering things and during this "imprisonment" he becomes a source of comfort for Julius, the other soldiers and even other prisoners on board. In this story you can see-clearly-how God had gifted Paul with divine boldness and wisdom even in the midst of imprisonment and storms. I want to be like this. I want to be able to be a witness in the most trying situations, or when it would seem unfruitful to be bold or administer wisdom.

scifihero

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Aug, 2008 04:18 PM

My favorite story in the Bible is of the Exodous of the Israelites from Egypt to the promised land.

Daniel

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Aug, 2008 05:37 PM

I don't know if this is considered a favorite Bible story; but I

Love reading about all the mighty things God used Moses to do ! To be like the Prophets of Old ! WOW !

:rocknroll:revelation22

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 12:10 PM

I have three at the moment, The book of Esther, and the story of Noah, as well as the story of Adam and Eve.

I'm still reading about Issac. ( it's addicting).