Author Thread: I wonder why.
larynx84

View Profile
History
I wonder why.
Posted : 16 Jun, 2008 08:50 AM

On the occasion that my soul longs for a my soulmate, I begin to feel isolated. I look around my small suburnan town, and feel that for a young person of my age, there are no places to meet a gentleman suiter.

So on the occasion I sign up for one of these dating sites. Then I soon forget about them, and move on with my life.

Then something intrigues me to long for my soulmate once more, and I take a look at these dating sites.

But what frustrates me the most is that all of the free dating sites that I have had membership to, there seems to be a lack of involvement to the members.

A majority of the members, build up their own profiles do a quick search for some eligible female or male, and then they hope that some brave soul will contact THEM. They visit the site often for a a week or two, and then finally forget. This flaw in free dating sites are NOT the flaw brought by the admins. For, in order for a dating site to work, the members have to participate.

Yet on a personal note, I wonder why

I still sign up for these dating sites. To be perfectly frank, I like being single right now. Its only when I see those from my graduating class in high school, getting married, and having children. But 9 months ago, I ended an emotionally abusive relationship. Through out those 9 months I have matured incredibly, and I feel like I could actually live single for the rest of my life if circumstances have it be, for I have my God. And that is all I need.

So to all you soulmate seeking website daters, I wish you all luck, and remember God is always are match maker.

chosengirlcoolness87

View Profile
History
I wonder why.
Posted : 8 Aug, 2008 06:35 PM

wow ur blog was so deep and true that was lyke a wake up call thanks for posting that..

Rock4Christ

View Profile
History
I wonder why.
Posted : 5 Sep, 2008 09:30 PM

hey man, I hear ya. I often struggle with the balance in my life as well. On one hand I know God can do whatever He wants to do, regardless of what I do. I also know that every good and perfect gift comes from Him, and that He sees and knows what I am in need of. I am able to see, know and for the most part remain content in the knowledge that He is in control... This is where I go wrong tho, or so I think. Where does the rubber meet the road? Throughout the old testament the 'elders' of the family would send out for wives for their sons or turn to 'kin' and arrange for weddings to occur. There was a clear reaching out for companionship, and making themselves available in the process. ok so I got that, the problem is... where? when? Where do you make yourself available? is it through dating sites such as these, where anyone can be anything hidden behind a keyboard and a vast vocabulary? Is it in the mall? I dont even want to really go there... Should it be restricted to your church? the church I go to, is very small (about 300 in all) I know all the young adults, and I am not really interested in any of the women, yet I know God wants me there.

When? Do I have to make sure all my ducks are in a row, so to speak? have a house laid out, career, pool, 9-5 job...etc. before I should even consider a wife? Do I just continue to pray, and hope that God will send that woman to my very doorstep, whether it be my home or church?

This is what I do, and yet I still do not know if it is the best way- I continue to pray, I go to 'young adult' events, and I try these dating sites and hope that I meet someone sincere.

...it is hard to be patient sometimes, and trust that God knows and is doing what is best.