Author Thread: tuff love
Admin

tuff love
Posted : 18 Dec, 2009 07:46 PM

What is tuff love? It is when you know something is really wrong then you have to stop it.Like praying for a fallen christian while you choose not to get in the pig pen with them.

I wrote about excommunication in the morals forum.

When should we enforce tuff love?

It is something we as christians must do.

I do not want too do something like this but if I must I will.

When we as a group approuch a person and they refuse to change then we must do what is necisary out of love.:prayingf:

Freinds pray for that person and move on.We pray for them on a daily basis.:prayingm:

Do not debate with them anymore and just pray for them.God had his prophets write I hate debaters.

So,friends stop adding your opinions to some one who refuses to part from the sin they are in.It just gives them want they want.

No response now is the best.I am sure some of you know what I am speaking about.We need to practice tuff love,ok.Ignore them and do not debate if they do not change from sin.We are not to claim them as christians until they repent.

Tuff love is a hard act to do, so my friends act out of tuff love to bring repentance.Do not call the person out,just do not respond to them.

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 11:27 AM

yeah cattle you do need to continue

posting a thread on a forum is not the same as asking your mother or grandmother in person. thats a completely different situation.

as i said before, you are comparing apples to hand grenades and sitting on a throne of judgement deciding what is appropriate and what isnt. you are on equal ground here and you should act as such.

most of the threads on hear i would not ask my mother about but are valid threads on a forum.

next time please read my entire response and dont disregard it because you think i should agree with your point of view. and exercise a little common sense when making comparisons.

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 11:33 AM

by the way cattle i must ask, what name calling did i do?

if i was inappropriate for the site then you should have sent an abuse report and got me banned. Since i never received such a complaint from admin. or got banned, i gather that either you realized that you had no case and sent no abuse report or you did send a report and they didn't care because your case was invalid.

Either way, i was not out of line yet you stand in judgment over me.

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 02:51 PM

Valid points on everyone's part, each "right" in their own way, and each response influenced by the individual truth discovered in God's Word, convicted by the Holy Spirit, and perhaps, influenced as well from familiy traditions, values, etc., and personality differences.

However, please don't take out of context words I shared. I don't think many (if any at all) Christians or non-Christians alike would ask their parents, grandparents, and siblings specifically about fornication, and the ways in which you can do things like that. I wouldn't. But, I did say, that I wouldn't ask my mother about the physical intimacy she shares with another man. Although I know she presently is not because she is single and Christian. That would be downright weird to ask her anything beyond a lust question. Also, I would expect that there wouldn't be many parents Christian and non-Christian alike that would ask their children for the specific details on their fornication habits. That would be just as weird.

The post was about lust and lust only posted for each gender. It wasn't entitled "fornication and please share with me the details". I would ask no one for that. That is something to be shared between man and wife, not man to man, or woman to woman. Also, I accept the truth that God gave us the ability to proceate, and in the proper context which is always and only within the boundaries of a marriage relationship, fornication is 100% good and acceptable by God.

I hope this clarifies-

Be Uplifted,

Will

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 03:12 PM

friends I value Ole' Cattles views.He has a right to question me.

I am giving it to him.He has prayed for me once when I requested it.I am not here to agree with everybody.I even joke around sometimes with my friends.Nor do you have to agree with me.If Ole' Cattle disagrees with me more power to him.I choose my friends and they can disagree with me.I do not like yes men. If I am in error then I hope that I will see my ways and change.:prayingm::prayingf: God Bless you Ole'cattle:angel:

I think he knows I can be a like bit hard at times.If I did not like what he said I will let him know it.It is called sticking together.I do respect him greatly.Yes,I did read all your post brfore I wrote. Dennis

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 10:43 PM

dear dg, theyre not speaking of you and your post.. theyve both got a personal thing with me .. youve always been a good man here.. once in awhile you may get a little excited but you always try to respect others.. and you mean well..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 10:53 PM

dear fury , this is in answer to your first post above..

your words here

posting a thread on a forum is not the same as asking your mother or grandmother in person. thats a completely different situation.

mine here

really, yet youre willing to ask someone elses mother or grandmother or sister the same question that you wouldnt ask your own in person.. about how she handles her lust... do you see the futility of such thinking?

ole cattle

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 11:30 PM

dear fury, this is the answer to your second post above..and a continuation of your original questiong of me here..

you continue to question me here..

for another thing its biblical..

1 peter 5:1-2 1 the elders who are among you i exhort, i who am a fellow elder and a witness of the suffering of CHRIST and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed.

2 shepherd the flock of GOD which is among you ,serving as overseers ,not by compulsion ,but willingly,not for dishonest gain but eagerly

do i really need to continue?

i try to lead by example... you dont see me asking an innappropriate question on here. you dont see me makin fun of others here.. and if you question me i will answer you.

this is your most recent insult name callin aimed at me

and the self-appointed forum police going to work

heres the insults you used before..

If i may use cattlespeak. (Aint no harm in gettin hitched if you start to lovin' somebody so long as they're saved)

1. don't be so easily offended. if you are going to use southern boy slang yourself, don't be offended if someone else uses it. Thats just plain common sense.

That is simply pride and arrogance which will lead you to your fall

.False accusation is no way to prove your point

ole cattle

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 11:52 PM

dear eternal, i asked you the simple question "would you ask your mother that same question, how does she handle lust.?"

this was your answer,

While I wouldn't ask my mom specifically about her sex life, we are best friends since my dad passed away nearly 20 years ago. She's an awesome, compassionate, educated, loving, woman whom I respect dearly, love as much as I do Jesus, and will always think the world of.

my words here

not much simpler than that..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 21 Dec, 2009 12:59 AM

dear fury,,,

your words here

cattle,

what gave you the right to define what is "totally mean" or "inappropriate material"

mine here,

this is the last and final answer to your question fury.. although i do believe that the first two should have been enuff..

OleCattle is a longstanding member whom we respect very much. He is

what we would consider an honorary moderator for the CDFF forums. Please

refrain from abusing him in any way.

God Bless,

CDFF

i would appreciate your cooperation ...thanks

ole cattle

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 21 Dec, 2009 08:24 AM

sounds to me like you are abusing your honorary position.

and making post based on a double standard in which case you should not be a moderator.

i have not abused you in anyway, you simply have taken offense to things that have not been offensive. your case is invalid. you get to use southern slang but if others do, its offesive? Cmon!

you may call yourself an elder but that does not make you one. You have not lead by example but have pretended to act as the humble servant offering ole cattle wisdom, while in reality you often (not always) twist scripture and judge others on your interpretation of scripture.

you may quote scripture all day about being a shepherd but that is a veil that you hide behind. you act as a bully and perhaps you are a bit puffed up with the pride of being a moderator. So if that was your last post on the matter, please make it the last post.

I don't think you are going to give me a valid answer so please dont try anymore and im sure you can somehow turn this post into being offensive, and insulting as well.

Page : 1 2 3