Author Thread: tuff love
Admin

tuff love
Posted : 18 Dec, 2009 07:46 PM

What is tuff love? It is when you know something is really wrong then you have to stop it.Like praying for a fallen christian while you choose not to get in the pig pen with them.

I wrote about excommunication in the morals forum.

When should we enforce tuff love?

It is something we as christians must do.

I do not want too do something like this but if I must I will.

When we as a group approuch a person and they refuse to change then we must do what is necisary out of love.:prayingf:

Freinds pray for that person and move on.We pray for them on a daily basis.:prayingm:

Do not debate with them anymore and just pray for them.God had his prophets write I hate debaters.

So,friends stop adding your opinions to some one who refuses to part from the sin they are in.It just gives them want they want.

No response now is the best.I am sure some of you know what I am speaking about.We need to practice tuff love,ok.Ignore them and do not debate if they do not change from sin.We are not to claim them as christians until they repent.

Tuff love is a hard act to do, so my friends act out of tuff love to bring repentance.Do not call the person out,just do not respond to them.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 06:43 AM

Amen dgrimater!

There is another passage of scripture I offer for pondering in light of your excommunnication post too, which is why I say wait it out, sometimes we won't have to do anything. God will handle it HIS way!!

Jude1:4. For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long befroehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ. 5. Now I desire to remind you, though you know all things once for all, that the Lord, after saving a people out of the land of Eqypt, subsequently destroyed those who did not believe.

*GraceMae

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 09:30 AM

While there is truth in what you posted in your thread, I would like to add this qualifier...Yes... there are those that through Obstinace and plain Hardheadedness will close their ears to God's Truth and mayhaps we should leave them to their way.

But...I look at it as if "I" were them! If it was me....sitting across the way there -- I would want the other person to never give up trying to correct me. I know if it were my son or daughter or Brother or Sister....I would Never Stop Trying.

The God that I have come to know is Merciful and Most Loving.

He does everything but get down on His Knees and beg us to repent and fly straight. Me...on the other hand...Will get on my knees and beg someone to listen.

This "person" that we are talking about Deserves our Love and Prayers and EFFORTS. To me spending 5 mins of my "precious" time is not a lot of effort for someone I love....for my Sister...for a part of me...for my Body!

So I have decided that if they continue...I will Lovingly reply (with no name calling or animosity).

Unless it's the "other" person we are talking about which has made me GrrrOwL and BARK!

Love ya!

Peace

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 10:06 AM

dear dg, you know i love you bro and i understand you dont really like debates. but i feel i must point out one thing to you..

your words here

So,friends stop adding your opinions to some one who refuses to part from the sin they are in

mine here

if i am thinkin of the same person you are thinkin of then am i not right in sayin that this person is not in sin right now.? i havent seen them say or do something that says they are committing sin right now. only probably going to committ an act in the future that most folks believe to be sin. i mean saying theyre goin to committ a sin in the future.. a decision that is not threatening or potentially harmful to anyone but themselves.

ive made mistakes in my past , chose to do the wrong thing a time or two and i thank GOD that folks didnt shun me then.. cause i would of turned out alot worse than the man i am today if theyd of just shut the door on me ..instead of rebuking me ,telling me again and again of right and wrong.leading me guiding me feeding me the word and still loving me through it all. forgiving me and showing me mercy as CHRIST had also shown me.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 10:40 AM

Dear Ole Cattle,

Don't forget to do for others as it's been done for you. Keep that fresh on your mind every day wherever you may travel.

Be good-

Will

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 11:23 AM

dear eternal, i surely do,,,,, rebuking them ,telling them again and again of right and wrong.leading them guiding them feeding them the word and still loving them through it all. forgiving them and showing them mercy as CHRIST had also shown me. prayin for em..

ya know i love folks to come here. and we have all kept it a very nice site to come to. thanks to people that care and the administration here.

and i dont usually have to say something to someone but one time and they apologize and you dont usually have it occur much more. sometimes in a heated discussion i may have to give another gentle reminder to em but they stop.. and dont continue .. they realize theyre doin wrong and they stop.. and those that wont listen and continue aint here no more or they got a little vacation..

i dont get on anyone here without a reason.either direct name calling, being totally mean ,improper material, innappropriate material or threats.. and if i get on ya i only speak truth ..

so even though i can forgive you for the direct names youve called me in private and here you still gotta abide by the rules here. same as the rest of us. or we pay the price..

so if you believe that im not gonna speak up when youre breaking a rule here then youre sadly mistaken. and if ya dont listen then i will bring it to the administrations attention.

cause if you dont speak up and folks are allowed to just say anything they want to anyone or about anything then youll have utter chaos.. and this site ,which is a great christian site will go down fast.. and i really dont wanna see that.. cause i love the people here. the easiest way to get along with me whether you like me or not is to just follow the rules here.. its really quite simple.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 04:32 PM

Ole cattle thank you for your views.I asked some of it as a question.I will pray for that person.But just not discuss the issue with them.I do not have any children my self.I will not have them outside of marriage.I guess sometimes I am a little bit more on the safe side.I was of the opinion that Paul said to remove the problem lest we do the same.It spreads.Also, to leave them a way back.Not total cut off.Sorry if you all misunderstood.

Your friend Dennis

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 07:45 PM

cattle,

what gave you the right to define what is "totally mean" or "inappropriate material"

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 08:29 PM

dear dg, got ya my friend.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 08:43 PM

dear fury, if you remember i had to get on you once before for direct namecalling.. you were one that wouldnt listen then.. you just came back on the forums a couple weeks ago or so.. so i understand that you would wanna jump in here and question anything i may do.. but i will answer you..

for one thing i asked the man who asked the innappropriate question and even you yourself who said you saw nothing wrong with it..

i asked you both would you ask your mother that same question?

and i thought about it later on maybe even would you ask your grandmother that same question..but i didnt ask then about grandma..

and you know what both of your asnwers were.. neither one of you would of. as you both said NO you wouldnt ask your mother that same question..

do i need to continue?

ole cattle

View Profile
History
tuff love
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 10:58 AM

I am glad to see your comments on this issue.As it is a hard thing to talk about.Many wish to avoid talking about it.

Page : 1 2 3