Author Thread: GAY MARRIAGE/GOD'S KINGDOM
Admin

GAY MARRIAGE/GOD'S KINGDOM
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 06:58 PM

Does anyone have biblically, based, view points on this?

In churches, I have witnessed/listened to sermon series on Marriage, Lust, Promiscuity, Adultery, and many other issues that relate to both genders. However, this topic is rarely talked about by the church? Why is that?

I only found one scripture that spoke of homosexuals, fornicators, and other people relating to the sort that will not be allowed to enter into God's Kingdom. (1 Cor.6:9). Also, Scripture makes clear that marriage is supposed to be between man and woman, meaning this is God's Divine order for the marriage relationship.

I understand that the only way to enter in to God's Kingdom is to be born-again (John 3:3), and to confess Jesus Christ from a believing heart. (Romans 10:9-10)

This is confusing, but is a gay person really born that way, or is it a lifestyle choice that a person can be delivered from?

Does God make people who are gay? I don't know. I'm hoping for some insight. I've been praying about this. My ears are open. Perhaps, this is where the answer will be found?! Do any Christians out here have friends who are gay? How do you feel about it? Do you believe their souls will be saved? Do you show them the love of Christ? Have you ever failed to do that?

I know this is a big topic, and one that is very relevant to today's culture, Christians, and non-Christians alike. I have a cousin who is gay that we accept and love. I do worry about his eternal well-being. I have had gay co-workers that were some of the most loving people I've met, but I still worried about their eternal well-being. I even prayed for them.

Hoping/Praying 4 Clarity-

Merry Christmas To ALL-

Will

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 09:25 PM

Will,

None of us are the way God intended us to be, for we have all been twisted not only under original sin, but under the constant barrage of thoughts that come at us from the demonic who take pleasure in our failure and under our falls.

I think we all have that dialog running in our heads that is what the devil tells us we are, and all of the ideals of that dialog unravel our relationship with the Lord.

If you are raised with a parent that often says, "Don't be stupid, why are you so dumb?" We all know what kind of damage that can do to a child, but is the child stupid? No, although the jury might still be out on the parent.

Most of us do not believe we are who God says we are, precious and beautiful and made in His Image. If we actually believed we were Holy as He says, would we not treat ourselves better and with more respect? Would we not flee from sin?

God tells us sex outside of marriage is a sin. That doesn't mean some sex outside of marriage, that means all sex outside of marriage. We should flee from this.

God also defines marriage as being an anointed sacrament between a man and a woman, not a sacrament between two people that love each other.

So give this a little thought for a moment. If we are to flee from immorality, then how does a Christian get to a point of "gay marriage"?

I would say there would have to be a considerable amount of entertaining of immoral thought, and perhaps entertaining of thought of immoral action before it would get to that point.

Do we not all know that the more we entertain impure thoughts, the stronger they become? If we entertain forbidden sexual thoughts, it is only a matter of time before we act on those thought whether they are with someone of the same gender, a child, an animal, another person who is married, or even just someone we would like to have more attention from. Which is more wrong? Read my thread on "Which is more wrong.." and you will clearly see, not one is more right than another for all are an abomination in the eyes of our Lord God Almighty, who gave us these rules to protect us.

Today we say it is alright to be a practicing homosexual, what of tomorrow? Tomorrow a child molester says, its not my fault I was born this way, God gave me this so I should be able to marry a child. Living together has already become so common place and accepted that I think many people today do not even recognize it as a sin.

But the mere entertainment of these sins in our mind is sin, and we are told to flee from it. People who commit suicide generally entertain the thought of it many, many times before they actually take action against themselves, believing they are who the devil says they are, not who God says they are.

So why do the sexually immoral continue to entertain their thoughts, and then claim it was given to them to be this way by God. Can they not see it was given to them, by someone alright, but it was not God, and the more they entertained it, the stronger it got? If we are not attracted to the opposite gender, would it not be better to accept the teachings of Paul and remain single, not to live an immoral life that draws us deeper into sin?

Wouldn't we all like to embrace immorality and then believe that was some sort of misprint in the Bible and that God actually condones it?

I find that we either want to believe God, or we don't, and if we don't then I am baffled to wonder why a person would want to spend an eternity serving a God they do not want to follow.

So maybe the real question is do we want His way or our own way? If we want His way, it takes sacrificing the desires of our flesh that fall to temptation. We are all given our crosses to bare. It is not about excuses or opinion polls or if we can get someone else to see our point, that it is in anyway less wrong.

You either believe God, or you don't. If we could actually see His Holy Spirit within us, would we continue to defile ourselves or others if we could see His Holy Spirit within them.

Maybe the question is, can you hate that sin and still love the sinner and recognize that he has something to teach you about yourself?

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 06:03 AM

"Ask and you shall receive"! Thank You for investing your time and spiritual perspective into the topic at hand. It definitely is a bigger issue than many Christians care to accept or talk about for whatever reasons. I have had some coversations here and there over the past years about this, but nothing very substantial. Well, I internalized deeply what you wrote as I read it, and have not doubt more revelation will come.

Have a Merry Christmas!

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 08:21 PM

Will,

This issue has been debated and scrutinized and has been a thorn in the Church's side for many years.

As far as to why some people become gay...there are many "camps" or opinions.

Some say it is a gene that makes one prediposed to be coming gay.

Others say it is a "learned" behavior.

And then there is the very real thing of dual gender babies. These are babies that are born with both sex organs. The Doctor oftens makes a decision for the parents as to male or female and in many cases the parents never are even told (the genital area being covered in a blanket). Many of these babies struggle throughout their lives with feelings that they are not of the "correct" sex.

I have (at one point in my life) had Gay friends and I know some now. I make sure that they lnow with as much Love as I can show -- that It is against God's Will. Condemn the Sin...Love the Sinner.

There are many stories of Gay that have been touched by The Word of God and are practicing Abstinence ( they are still Gay) and are in my eyes Christian...very much Christian -- considering the Cross they have to bear!

For those that are not being celibate...I can only pray for them.

Ms. Tarasye is very correct as to marriage.

This country seems to slip further and further towards total decadence as the liberals make headway. Our very own President placed a professing homosexual as a commisioner of our school system and charged him with PROTECTING OUR ELEMETARY Children! A man who wrote the intoduction to a book titled

"The Queering of Our Elementary Schools"

I am not making this up! I believe his name is Ken Jennigs (I think).

So what is the answer?

A REVIVAL!!! We need to revive the Spirit of God in this country! And we need to do it soon.

Peace