Author Thread: A Conversation with God
Admin

A Conversation with God
Posted : 18 Jun, 2008 09:40 AM

Hi Everyone,

This is something I wrote about a year ago after noticing many profiles on another Christian Site where it seems many Christian women were seeking more worldly ideals. Of course this doesn't let us men off the hook. I hope this blesses you.

A Conversation with God!

By Walter Diaz

Heavenly Father,.

YES DAUGHTER?

I come to you asking for a godly mate!

OK�.WHAT ARE YOU REALLY SEEKING?

What do you mean?

WELL YOU HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR THIS FOR SOME TIME NOW

Yes I have and with tears and not knowing why you are taking so long to answer this prayer?!

I HAVE MY REASONS WHY IT HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED AS YET

Which are?

PERHAPS I SHOULD LET YOU FIGURE OUT THE REASONS FOR YOURSELF. LET�S EXAMINE YOUR PRAYER REQUEST FOR A GODLY MATE

Ok

TELL ME WHAT EXACTLY YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Well I want him to be good looking and in great shape

WHY?

Well�.because I am good looking, have a great body and I feel I deserve the same!

YES YOU ARE GOOD LOOKING BUT NOT BECAUSE YOU HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. I MADE YOU THAT WAY SO IT�S NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN SAY YOU EARNED. BESIDES YOU ARE STILL STRUGGLING WITH VANITY. NO ONE DESERVES ANYTHING BUT WHEN THEY RECEIVE SOMETHING GOOD FROM ME IT�S BECAUSE OF MY GOOD GRACES.

Ok Father �that hurt. I am not sure if I like doing this.

THE TRUTH CAN OFTEN HURT ESPECIALLY WHEN WE HAVE BEEN IGNORING IT.

I see your point.

GO ON,�CONTINUE WITH YOUR REQUEST.

Well I want him to be successful and be able to provide, have a nice home and new cars and I want to travel and see the world with him.

HOLD ON HERE! I NEVER SAID THAT I WOULD EVER GRANT THAT.

Yes you did Father. You state in your word that �you will grant me my heart�s desires�!

YES�.I DID SAY THAT. BUT YOU ARE MISUNDERSTANDING WHAT THAT MEANS AND THE PRINCIPLES BEHIND IT. YOU NEED TO FIRST STOP LISTENING TO THOSE PROSPERITY GOSPLE PREACHERS AND STUDY MY WORD FOR YOURSELF AND LOOK INTO THE DEPTHS OF THE MEANING OF WHAT I SAY.

Ok�so what does that mean then?.

FOR ME TO GRANT YOU YOUR HEART�S DESIRES YOU FIRST HAVE TO BE RIGHT WITH ME AND YOUR HEART MUST BE SEEKING FOR THOSE THINGS THAT ARE NOT SELFISH, NOT SELF SERVING.

Ouch�.so I am not walking right with you?

NO�YOU ARE NOT! LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE SEEKING SO FAR�..THINGS THE WORLD SEEKS AFTER. I NEVER PROMISED YOU WEALTH OR A NICE HOME AND NEW CARS OR A GOOD LOOKING HUNK WITH A GREAT BODY OR EVEN THAT HIS CAREER IS PRESTIGEOUS. THAT IS VANITY AND SHALLOWNESS!

YOU SEE MY DAUGHTER, ONE OF THE PROBLEMS IS THAT YOU ARE SPOILED AND DO NOT APPRECIATE WHAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT IN LIFE. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF YOU HAVE A MAN WHO IS ALL THOSE THINGS YOU SEEK BUT CANNOT LOVE YOU LIKE YOU REALLY NEED TO BE LOVED AND WHO WILL NOT RESPECT YOU AND BE FAITHFUL TO YOU? LOOK AT PEOPLE WHO ARE POOR�REALLY POOR AND LOOK AT HOW THEY LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND YET HAVE NOTHING OF ANY REAL MATERIAL VALUE. LOOK AT THE HEBREWS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. BY TODAY�S WORLDLY STANDARDS THEY LIVED IN POVERTY YET THEIR JOY WAS FULL AND THEY WERE HAPPY. THEY LIVED IN TENTS AND CAVES.

Good points Father�..I guess I need to re-evaluate my desires and what really is important in life!

YES�.BUT YOU ARE NOT FINISHJED YET.

Oh great�.so there�s more I need to work on!

YES�SO PLEASE CONTINUE WITH YOUR REQUEST AND TRY TO FOCUS ON THE MORE IMPORTANT QUALITIES.

Ok�well�I want him to be a good Christian man but I don�t want him to be some fanatic either.

INTERESTING! SO YOU WANT HIM TO BELIEVE IN ME AND MY SON JESUS BUT YOU DON�T WANT HIM TO REALLY LOVE ME.

Wait a minute Father�I didn�t say I didn�t want him to not love you and Jesus!

YES YOU DID BUT YOU DIDN�T REALIZE IT. YOU SEE MY DAUGHTER I SEEK THOSE WHO ARE PASSIONATE FOR ME AND JESUS. TO LOVE SOMEONE YOU HAVE TO BE PASSIONATE. WOULD YOU WANT A HUSBAND WHO WAS NOT PASSIONATE FOR YOU?! YOU SEE TO LOVE SOMEONE MEANS YOU HAVE PASSION FOR THEM. REAL PASSION! DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT MY SON SAID IN REVELATION?

No�but I am sure you are going to tell me.

YES�.HERE IS WHAT HE SAID TO A CHRISTIAN CHURCH. Revelation 3: 15 "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.

16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth."

YOU SEE MY DAUGHTER A LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN IS DISGUSTING TO ME FOR THEY HAVE NO PASSION FOR ME. BEING HOT OR COLD ARE EXTREME TEMPERATURES. HOW CAN ANYONE SAY THEY LOVE ME WITH ALL THEIR HEART, MIND, SOUL AND STRENGTH AND YET NOT HAVE INTENSE PASSION FOR ME?! IT IS NOT EVEN POSSIBLE AND THEY ARE KIDDING THEMSELVES. NOW THINK ABOUT THIS. HOW CAN YOU REALLY LOVE A HUSBAND WHEN YOU DON�T LOVE ME AS YOU SHOULD?!

Wow�Father�I feel so ashamed. I see now that I have been just casual in my relationship with you and Jesus and lack the passion I should have. Please forgive me Father and help me grow to be passionate�.to be really in love with you and Jesus.

NOW YOU ARE GETTING IT. OF COURSE YOU ARE FORGIVEN.

But what about a mate for me?

FIRST THINGS FIRST MY CHILD. Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
A Conversation with God
Posted : 18 Jun, 2008 10:01 PM

I too, have been looking at these "Christian"? sites for a bit over a year. My adult daughter suggested, "I check it out." She has been having a fun time talking with various people. Fellowshipping online, and has made some male friends. She told me of this sight about two weeks ago.

Funny to me; you should comment on the women. I haven't looked at the other ladies profiles because... But this sight is different because of this free chat opportunity. I hope to make some female, single friends as well as... I am enjoying the depth of conversation on the chat.

But you know what, really no e-mails and 1 wink. So, I suppose my profile might be a problem. Then again, perhaps it is my age of 46. I am a lady and am not inclined to "make the first move" unless I really find some spiritual substance in the profile. Especially, after 22 years since being single, the first time around. It hasn't been fun figuring this out.

When I read the men's profiles, which more often then not appear to be looking for a "playmate" or a "gal pal' for all those second childhood/midlife crisis activities they have picked-up. I think I would never measure-up to some of these obsessive/complusive drinkers from the fountain of youth, exercise junkies. I know I wouldn't be able to keep-up; I am the weaker vessel! I wonder when a person marks, potential mates to have "no children" verses a more opened possibility. What does that mean about their character and heart? How about the have children don't want more, hmm?

The inquires on another sight, I have received want to get on the phone really quick. I guess with the amount of lying going on...but I have been accosted for wanting to stay in e-mail word for a couple of conversations. Quite frankly, I probably want references (3 friends/family and a pastor/church contact) at some point, too. Females really need to be careful for safety sake, check out Dinah (Genesis34) just out making friends?

So, I guess that coin you have found has two sides.

I am here primarily for fellowship purposes. I am enjoying the depth. At church, I look around and really don't even see any single men. Plus all that sitting in pews is not condusive to conversations... Anyway I am learning alot. And hope to make friends of both genders and if the LORD brings me a Boaz, David, Elijah, Peter, John--CHRISTIAN husband through this internet body....

BTW, Lukewarm is what I call "country club christianity"

Oh yeah, I did like your article. I am certain it is true but some sites recommend shallowness. They don't call it that of course. I don't fall into that category.

YES!!! "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be ..."

In Christ's love,

Susan

SJC1985

View Profile
History
A Conversation with God
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 01:13 AM

I prayed the following prayer after being a single mom for ten years an finally dating someone:

Dear God,

You know the best for me, and I want your will to be done about this guy who has mentioned several times about marrying me. I don't want to make another mistake and end up in another divorce. I pray that you will show me how he truly is, so that I won't be fooled again. I want your will to be done.

In Jesus'name I pray,

Amen

Two days later, God opened my eyes and let me see the truth about the guy who wanted me to marry him. I could see many things that we did not agree on, and I knew in my heart that he was not the one for me. I broke off the relationship, which was something that I had never done before. SO, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE ASK GOD TO SHOW US HOW A PERSON TRULY IS BEFORE TAKING A STEP TOWARDS ANOTHER DATE OR MARRIAGE!

SJC1985

View Profile
History
A Conversation with God
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 02:57 PM

Hi all,

Hope your day is giving you many insights on the ONE who loves you the most!...Our Lord!

I have been around the block a few times with men, and I can tell you this....Ready? lol...

The Lord's ways are not our ways. It is really ultimately up to HIM who we end up with. I think so many are starved for love and companionship and want to jump the gun quickly. And, I would like to say the men and women are equally guilty of this. This is a sign to not get involved with that person. I know that the Lord has ways of showing us and sometimes we don't really listen. Tha,t in my opinion is because we just think we can figure it all out! NOPE! The choices we make are ones we live with. So choose carefully. I, too enjoy the fellowship and there are some very intellegent people on here, and of course mixed in, some that just don't use their intelegence wisely. I write a lot about vulnerable people getting hooked by a fraud, and believe me, I know from where I speak! Suzie, don't worry about he winks and mails. God has probably spared you from a lot of heartache, and I can tell your heart is pure, and He will reward You finely for that! We need to pray about everything we do! We need to also listen to the answer, and even if we don't understand, if your heart is ingrained with the Lord, then we will be on the right path!

SJC, Good for you! You did exactly the right thing, although I am sure it was painful, oh what many tears you spared yourself. "Obedience is better than sacrifice"...