Author Thread: Unequally yoked
Sundra

View Profile
History
Unequally yoked
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 09:33 AM

It is imperative that believers marry other believers. The bible tell us not to be unequally yoked. What fellowship has light with darkness? Also, we are asked in scripture.. How can two walk together except they be agreed. The marital union is designed to reflect the relationship of Christ with His Church and thus if we join ourselves to an unbeliever in marriage when we become one through the physical union.. think about the spiritual implications of that. I won't go into detail about those ramifications, but I'm sure you can see where some spiritual contamination could occur. Having said that, however, if you are married already to an unbeliever, scripture does exhort you to stay with them if they want to remain married so that you may perhaps be an aid in their conversion to Christ.

View Profile
History
Unequally yoked
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 04:00 PM

Sundra...You are so right . Im sure there have been many persons that have been through the un-evenly yoked relationships and marriages including my self.

Divorces happen because care was not givin to Gods word concerning this. Twice for me and I'm not buyin the 3 x the charm attitude.

Its God's way or no way if I am to get hitched again. I won't even concider dateing a Gent unless he is sold out and fire for God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit....

Keep the Faith and thanxs for the share....xo

View Profile
History
Unequally yoked
Posted : 21 Feb, 2010 02:53 PM

Looking at the scriptures would leave me believing that your correct. I suppose the best defense against becoming unequally yoked is to avoid dating unbelievers? It appears People sometimes fall for someone they mistakenly thought they could change. Then after marriage comes reality and regret?

View Profile
History
Unequally yoked
Posted : 18 Mar, 2010 12:00 PM

I believe one important point no one has given thought to is about being unequally yoked with believers in fellowship.

2 Corinthians 6:14 �Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

That same verse goes onto to state that what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

This is exactly the sad situation in very sect and denomination that exists today. Saved and unsaved alike worshiping and having communion.

Communion I believe is used to mean sharing.

I do believe there is an solution to such a problem from God's word.

Something to think about.

Gary

chertinn

View Profile
History
Unequally yoked
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 10:38 PM

I am a christian man and I was unequally yoked I think this happens with woman but it doed happen with men.I remember praying for the marrage and knowing it was not from God.It was hard to go through she wanted to run with the world and I would have forgiven her and worked on the relatioship but she did not want to. I still have a trust issue that I need to give to God.I hope there to here from a woman who might be able to help me understand why a woman would do that to a husband who loved her and would never cheat on her.

View Profile
History
Unequally yoked
Posted : 30 Mar, 2010 01:24 PM

The term unequally yoked is a very broad term. It certainly does apply to marriage with non-believers. My relationship with Christ is my most important relationship. This is something I want to share with a man from the first date. There are also many other important factors in being equally yoked such as how you spend money, recreational time and life style in general. If you are marrying someone to change them or rescue them, then have your escape plan before the wedding.

View Profile
History
Unequally yoked
Posted : 31 Mar, 2010 07:14 PM

Sandra you are exactly correct with what you said about being unequally yolked. This also applies not only in marrige but also in some types of friendships.

View Profile
History
Unequally yoked
Posted : 2 Apr, 2010 06:47 AM

You are all correct. It is very important to be equally yoked. That is why I apply my motto for relationship and marriage truly this time. My motto is the 5Cs of foundation of relationship and marriage. They are: Christ, Common, Charity, Communication, and Committment. (I can go on with 50 more Cs) See what comes first? Christ. That is the most important step before you make any other steps in that foundation. If you find someone in common. It means similar goals, of course both are Christians, um... interests, maybe background, lifestyle--this means you like to live in the country or in the city or the urban area.. living in Double wide, or in a brick loft, or anything.. even a cave!! Haha.

I am trying to throw in sense of humor but to make a point. Then Charity. That is love. Love each other. This will bring Communication out well. Communication is very important, I tell ya. Right from the start till the day you pass away from someone you love. Committment is the last one added because that is when you finally want to make a committment. That leads to marriage and in marriage, you stay committed.

My marriage failed because she says she is Christian and love and age factor (I was approching 40) really got me. After we got married, my ex-wife really different. She went back to smoking.. more drinking.. and NO communication. Every sngle day she talks on cell phone to her sister. I got fed up with that. I even do not have a cell phone and I am pretty much against cell phones after what she did in our marriage. I also met a strong Christian woman online before I married my wrong one. This one I met and first thing she did was talking on phone for 30 minutes while I was standing and waiting for her to get off. I already decided not to bother with her because of that. Communication is WAY important after both are equally yoked. I prefer someone who does not have a cell phone at all. Not where we are going to live anyway! It will be a Sat phone and limited time only!

That is why God took the Rib from Adam.. It was equally yoked. Not a toe bone or a piece of the skull. Nope. I believe it was symbolic where the Roman speared thru Jesus Christ's rib cage. The same spot. Anyway, very important on those 5 Cs.

God bless!

LoveHisWord

View Profile
History
Unequally yoked
Posted : 15 Apr, 2010 02:11 PM

hi sundra - good points - to take them further along the discussion path - it is also good if both people in the relationship are equally yoked in their desire to serve God - there can potentially be divisions in rrelationships if one person is "on-fire" for the Lord & and the other has more worldly aspirations - God bless

View Profile
History
Unequally yoked
Posted : 6 Sep, 2010 02:02 PM

Hey!!!HOW r U doin?????

View Profile
History
Unequally yoked
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 08:15 AM

Hey!!!How r u doing?????Still serving God???

Page : 1 2