Author Thread: Is it so wrong?
Admin

Is it so wrong?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 04:00 PM

Is it so wrong to detest "casual dating?" I really don't like the idea of Person A being "hooking up" with Person B and Person C.

I'm an exclusive dater. I don't like the clich� "little black notebook," or seeing another person while also seeing someone else.

My friends say that's is normal and that I'll never find a nice guy if is try to build a relationship with only one guy at a time (and expecting the same from them). Of course, I've been worried about getting dating advise from them. They're good people, but, when it comes to dating morals, they seem a little questionable. And besides, I don't think it's wrong to ask of someone what you expect of yourself.

Any help out there?

View Profile
History
Is it so wrong?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 04:18 PM

dear mega, welcome to the forums.

once exclusive stay exclusive till you part..

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Is it so wrong?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 06:01 PM

Hey megadash, I don't like the term "casual dating". I personally want a relationship built on friendship, then an eventual meeting (talking online) . As established similarities of interest are evident and a little of it experienced together over time, then we become exclusive. (Of course I'm narrowing this picture into few words as possible!) I don't really want to date a lot, because I want the dating to continue indefinitely in "Marraige". I've heard stories of some who dated, then married... everything stopped. Seems like both parties did what they could do to get the mate, but didn't take it into the marraige.

So, no, I don't think you're wrong for not buying into the casual dating scene. If you've prayed to God about a potential mate for you, then stand in faith on your prayers, but until then--- enjoy getting to know men as they come after you. Be a friend to them. You don't have to mark the relationship as "dating" so soon. Not until there is mutual expression by both of you that hey-- "we're just US -- exclusive to one another.

GraceMae