Author Thread: Moving on
jes2nice

View Profile
History
Moving on
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 04:35 PM

I have been through a series of relationships which have basically ended up with my getting hurt because the guy cheated on me. A few weeks ago I broke up with a guy that I had met online and we started dating and had been dating for over a month when I broke up with him. I had told him my fears and he and I had talked about our past relationships so he knew all about my being cheated on before. I found out recently that he had cheated on me, and since we broke up wehad been friends and tried to keep the friendship. When I brought this up to him and told him how I was feeling kind of hurt by this he simply told me that it was because I wasn't willing to have sex with him (because i'm waiting for marriage). I have gone through periods in the past after a breakup because of cheating where I just don't ever want to try again. This time I have decided that I will simply take a different approach. I want to be in a relationship with another christian. Someone that is ok with waiting until marriage, preferably someone who is waiting themselves. I write this in encouragement to those that may have been cheated on because not all guys are the same, and eventually you will find the one that God intends you to be with. Thanks for listening. :)

View Profile
History
Moving on
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 06:11 PM

2nice,

That is one of the most difficult things for a man to overcome ( the sex urge), especially at the age you are at. Still there are some men out there who have grown up and are no longer "boys" and understand the importance of "waiting".

You will be a crucial ingrediant in this "mix" and will have to monitor his behavior and put your foot down if necessary.

It is very important that the ground rules are discussed with no ambiguity.

Stay firm! It will happen!

Steve

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Moving on
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 08:54 PM

Jess, you don't know me, but I 'm proud of you. You recognize some things already about the power within you to go on in Christ. Sometimes, God may allow experiences in relationship with others to grow you for the greater things He has planned for you. But, you gotta remember and know without doubt that God IS in control.

I don't know your past, but God does. And, there are things that God is working out in each one of us, that He will work out in you, as He gets you ready for the perfect man for you if it is His will. You just remain yielding to the Holy Spirit in you. Stay diligent in the word, and faithful to God all the time.

We take risks being vulnerible but, we never learn the experiences, the lessons, the growth until we do. So continue on. Just guard your heart, and prepare yourself. It gets better and better as you continue. So, continue. Thank you for re-encouraging us also! ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Moving on
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 02:46 PM

guys are egomaniacs. its programmed into most all genetic codes. it really all depends on how he was raised. were his parents loving? are they loving now? are his parents together? does he have commitement issues? does he love or resent his mother? the kind of environment he was rasied in directly affects how he will treat other women. its hard to get guys to open up and share these few things about their lives but when you find one who is willing to share, he will be the one to focus on.

Amykathleen87

View Profile
History
Moving on
Posted : 1 Oct, 2010 06:19 PM

I applaud you for not giving in and doing something you regret. He wasn't worth your time, if that is all he wanted. I made that mistake, thinking he wanted more. It turned out he was taking advantage of me and I was going through a really hard time after losing someone very important to me. three months later he broke up with me. Three months later he contacted me again, saying how much he missed me, how much he loved me, and I am wonderful marriage material. He told me he wasn't seeing anyone. It turned out he was lying and is now engaged with a friend he knew three years ago. I feel horribly used and alone. Sometimes I wonder if I deserve to be married in the future and if a good man will ever want me now.