Author Thread: Blind eyes
Admin

Blind eyes
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 04:50 PM

This makes a person do some thinking.

There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She hated everyone, except

her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see the world, I will marry you.'

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend. He asked her, 'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?' The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him. Her boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine.'

This is how the human brain often works when our status changes. Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.

Try to remember the people who loved you despite of you!

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Blind eyes
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 05:44 PM

redeemedone,

What a touching story! It truly starts one thinking. Thank you for reminding me to take the time to be grateful to the ones who definitely loved me in spite of myself. I'm remembering a couple of folks who did just that; and I am wondering why I allowed the memory of them to get lost in the scuffle.My prayers tonight will include someone I haven't thought about in a very long time ,and tomorrow I will try to get in touch and express my gratitude personally. Thanks for this Great Post!!

Deborah :angel:

View Profile
History
Blind eyes
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 06:11 PM

deborahe,

We ALL do this! We forget those who gave up and sacrificed for us because they love us! It is human nature, we just need a little nudge soemtimes to help us remember! I am so glad it blessed you! God bless your pure heart! "Blessed are the pure in heart!

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Blind eyes
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 06:58 PM

Funny, as I was talking to my friends about today (a tough day), I was very thankful to them for listening. I was telling them I was having trouble seeing God, in these circumstances. I was having trouble seeing this, seeing that, seeing how, what where when the purpose... trouble seeing

A few minutes prior to reading this, I noticed on the back of the card I received, "Open the eyes to my heart LORD....I want to see YOU!"

As I read this story, I thought of Jesus opening the eyes of the blind and the sacrifice HE made, as our "boyfriend".

So, I want to THANK the LORD Jesus for being with me all my todays, making such a great sacrifice that I may live and see.

GOD's timing is juat awesome! :glow:

Susan

View Profile
History
Blind eyes
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 08:39 PM

Wow! What can I say. This story was so moving. I feel many of us travel this road with wants and desires forgetting those that have been the wind beneath our wings to help us along. Many times we are so consumed with our own plight that we fail to recognize their sacrifice for us. This story has really hit hard. Thank you so much for posting this...I pray that God will keep me in check and keep me sensitive to those worthy angels around me!

Robin

View Profile
History
Blind eyes
Posted : 25 Jun, 2008 02:10 PM

Oh Strawberry,

We all need a little kick in the butt soemtimes to remember those who have been faithful to love us despite our shorcomings. Sometimes we really never realize how much they do love us. I found this to be an inspration and am so gld it touched you all! Abundant Blessings!