Author Thread: learning about love
Admin

learning about love
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 10:56 PM

i wrote this a while back when i was on the tail end of the worst heartbreak ive ever had to endure... one that lasted the better part of a year actually... anyway i figured it may help someone to read this as much as it helped me to write it.

The incredible thing about grace is that it is completely uncalled for. I believe that society today is short on grace, and graceful people. Probably due to the fact that in a fallen world only one thing matters, self. Grace cannot be self centered. Grace is a selfless act. Grace is sacrifice. Grace is love and love is grace. True love is never self centered. Love is not a feeling. Love is not sex. Love is not attraction. Love is a choice. Loving someone is choosing to put their needs above your own even after the attraction and feelings have left. Love is commiting to grow old and gray with someone. Love is not a word to be thrown around. In a world where love has lost most if not all of its meaning it is still somehow the pursuit of everyone who has ever lived, to be loved. Everyone needs to be the most important thing in someone else's life. Love is a choice, but part of love is passion. Without passion there is no love. Passion is still not lust, sex, or attraction. Passion is the deepest feeling a person can have. Passion is what sweeps the girl off of her feet, and changes a mans heart. Love is not perfect. A person can fall in love and not be loved back. The heart is fragile and when you give it away it can very easily end up broken. If your heart gets broken it is impossible to fix on your own. The glue that puts a broken heart back together is love. The danger in mending someone else's broken heart is if they don't love you as well you will be the one with your broken heart in your hands and no love to hold it together. God is love. God can heal all broken hearts. Give your heart to God and he will not break it. He will bring to you the heart that He has prepared for you to love. And with God in your hearts you will not break again.

My prayer is that I will be the man that God has prepared for my wife, whomever she is. Until that day I keep growing and praying, and learning about love

View Profile
History
learning about love
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 07:37 AM

dear kmal, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

jes2nice

View Profile
History
learning about love
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 05:13 PM

Thanks you for sharing that with us :)

GraceMae

View Profile
History
learning about love
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 06:16 PM

kmal.... nice post. I think you have learned a little wisdom in your young age. You can only get better! I forsee that as you go into the navy you will have the hindsight needed as you develop more relationships with women, and matters of your heart. You've got the "right" idea about yielding to growing, praying and learning about love. Love is a many splendored thing, but love is also a measuring tool for how much we truely love Christ. We are tested in loving, not just romantic love, but brotherly/sisterly/familial loving.... The true measure of passing the test is how well we handle expectations of recipricol love returned or NOT returned... Often our input doesn't produce the same output of those we extend love to. Thank you again!! ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
learning about love
Posted : 19 Jan, 2010 05:03 PM

I can't imagine how people go through heartache with out

God. God is my rock and has been with me through many heartaches. Death of loved ones, divorce, illness, rejections from those we love......the world is full of situations that could easily cause us to give up and be bitter. But God is always with us and His love never ends. When we trust in Him alone to heal our hearts we are never disappointed. Keep looking to Him for your strength and pathway and He will make it known in His time. God Bless you for sharing your story.

skarletroses

View Profile
History
learning about love
Posted : 26 Jan, 2010 04:23 PM

kmal-

I think when people are feeling geinuine emotion, that is when words like these are written. You should consider it a work of art, I can tell by reading it that they are truely words felt by the soul. Sometimes it's hard to put what your feeling into words, written or not. I admire the fact that you could share what you wrote from a time when you were feeling so low. Thank you

View Profile
History
learning about love
Posted : 26 Jan, 2010 04:33 PM

dear skarlet, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

Seuss

View Profile
History
learning about love
Posted : 11 Apr, 2010 01:24 PM

AMEN. That is so right on. Grace, Grace, we all need that in our lives