cherries inside

blueberries inside

potatoes inside

I also like sweet and sour meatballs.

View Profile
History
cooking for your love
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 08:28 AM

dear dg, im a meat and potatoes kind of guy.. simple ole country cookin is my fav.. but ifn i aint gotta try to cook it ill eat it pretty much hehe..

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
cooking for your love
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 08:18 PM

Oh God dgr... you diddddnnnt' go there!! :excited::eat::yay:

What I'd cook for my love? Well, I~ L-O-V-E~ food (Which is why BTW I have to be careful :rolleyes:) Yes, I know this ain't bout me! ....

So, for my love I would maybe prepare.....

- of course my fav... braised salmon filet + mixed vege medley + baked potatoe topped with butter and cheese.

- turkey legs (slow cooked in the crockpot) smothered with green onions, little garlic in it's natural gravy over wheat pasta or linguini + cooked baby carrots on the side + sherbet for dessert.

- country style pork ribs, with greens or cabbage on the side + strawberries & chocolate for dessert!

- beef liver smothered with sweet onions/cream gravy + zuchinni/squash/tomato vege medley + carrot cake!

- okra/tomato/sausage over rice + peach cobbler for dessert! Yum.. yum...

- braised seasoned and pampered catfish + baked potato + boiled corn on the cob! Umppp!!

Now I done gone and got myself worked up:yay:

~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
cooking for your love
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 08:28 PM

Woo-Hoo!! :D

Ms Grace, when are you having us over?!?! You've made me hungry!!

=]

View Profile
History
cooking for your love
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 08:43 PM

DG:

You know how to cook Russian food? I'll be right over!

Ok, just kidding. Don't want to horn in on your date anyway.

What would I cook? I would ask my date what he wanted. I'd also make sure there were no food issues such as allergies involved. I usually try something new when I have someone over - have an appetiser (sp?), salad, main dish, dessert. Table setting would be important -- good dishes and silverware, something for the middle. Tablecloth and nice napkins. If I had been seeing the person for several months and felt comfortable I would include candles and music. I'd probably have a couple of things I could prepare ahead of time and concentrate my prep time on just a couple of things. I'd fix something that would fill the house with good smells, and make sure everything worked together well.

Ok now I have a burning desire to cook a meal for a bunch of people! Lets all meet at DG's place - I hear he's fixin' Russian food! I'll bring dessert.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
cooking for your love
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 08:46 PM

Brown-e-g... I feel like I need to take a laxative now... and I haven't eaten anything! :ROFL::goofball: I made my own self hungry and over-full at the same time! You guys are welcome anytime! We'll do a "virtual" eat-fest together!

I hear they got something on Facebook where you can get together and do some kind of Cafe thingy together? I have a coworker who told me about.

:glow: ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
cooking for your love
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 08:57 PM

Sounds excellent!! And Ms Lamb can take care of the specifics, she seems like a good planner!! I can bake a pretty decent loaf of sour dough bread!! Now we just need some gentlemen to attend!! Haha!!

View Profile
History
cooking for your love
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 04:56 PM

dear folks, ill vollunteer to attend hehe

ole cattle

View Profile
History
cooking for your love
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 05:35 PM

I'd wear a puppy suit just fer some of those scraps...yumm!

vkjewell

View Profile
History
cooking for your love
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 09:48 PM

"Away out west" the way to a man's heart seems to be on the grill. Utensils? Please!

You've never had corn on the cob until you've had it grilled with its ears shut, then stripped and lathered with butter and then just enough salt to make your eyes water.

The way to butter corn off the grill, by the way, is to thickly butter that homemade sourdough bread that our other lovely guest is bringing. Then slide the corn through, squeeze gently, and turn 380 degrees.

Bibs on, babe . . . Let's eat.

View Profile
History
cooking for your love
Posted : 29 Jan, 2010 06:25 AM

dear vk, hey thanks for the tip on how to butter your corn..

ole cattle

Page : 1 2