Author Thread: Rain and Snow in Southern CA
agapephileros

View Profile
History
Rain and Snow in Southern CA
Posted : 27 Jan, 2010 06:04 PM

Why do people complain when it rains and snows? Then, in the summer, the heat is too hot and the summer wind blows too strongly.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 01:37 PM

Perhaps most people don't appreciate nature or generally like to talk about the weather as a talking issiue of small talk. Interestingly the weather does affect a lot of peoples physical health and mental health matters or merely their individual moods. Not forgetting some people rely on the weather for regular work or to supply food etc. I'm in England so i'm not familar with the weather in CA. How ever this years we have had one of our worse winters and it has caused lots of problem for most citiziens and employers locoal governments and central. Were just not used to long term snow. When sunny we do moan were not used to that either. :glow::prayingf:

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 08:30 PM

Don't you know it never rains in southern California it pours man it pours!:dancingp:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2011 11:04 PM

Those who live in Southern CA are truly lucky! The majority of people who reside in Southern CA are in cities, and not too close to nature. It creates a minor inconvenience for those who drive or try to get to work, or tasks accomplished. Depending upon El Nino or La Nina, it can cause minor difficulties...but if compared to Northern CA-watchout!

The people in Northern CA who live near the mountains have extreme difficulties. The snow is much greater, and the rain much more intense, creating floods washing out farms and snowstorms that hunker you in a trap. Once up north, you realize how lucky you were down South! LOL!

As to why they complain? Beats me!

Rickloves67

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2011 05:27 AM

How true that is! I was born and raised in Southern California and I'm in the Central part of the state and so is that pretty, little red-headed girl! Wouldn't you say? LOL.

Sincerely,

Rick