Author Thread: broken hearts huh ?
Admin

broken hearts huh ?
Posted : 1 Feb, 2010 06:40 PM

So...broken hearts huh???? A very common ailment for all those who take a risk to love. As for me.. I have had my heart broken more times then I care to remember. It all started about 4.5 years ago when I decided, with great excitement and expectation, to set up my first profile on a christian dating site. Hoping for my knight in shining armor to come quickly...very quickly...to my rescue. I waited for him to notice my pretty face and rescue me from boredom and loneliness. And well ....four and half years later I am still waiting. :winksmile: And WOW! Little did I know what was in store for me. Reality came crashing down very quickly. I was deceived into thinking that I was safe on a christian site but not so. With so many scammers, liars, players, cheaters its a wonder any of us women survive at all on these sites. :laugh: Now don't get me wrong, to put every man in the same basket would be simply unfair. But that is the reality of these sites. I learned alot in the last 4.5 years, so much that I could fill a book. And someday I may just write that darn book. It's a seed planted in my heart and if my life continues to water that seed someday it may sprout to life... you just never know what God has in store. I'm new here but maybe someday I will write some of the interesting details of my online dating escapades. But I am sure my stories will read like a script for some of you. So what have I learned in the last 4.5 years? Give it all to God ! Wait on God ! Don't compromise ! With your eyes wide open and your hearts protected wait on God. Your heart belongs to God so love with caution until you know that person. Protect it ! Protect it !Protect it ! Did I say that often enough? :rocknroll: We give our hearts away to quickly and too easily to people who do not know how to handle it. We give our hearts away to people on line that we don't really know. Only God knows our hearts to completion. He also gives us the desires of our hearts. If he gives us the desires of our hearts he is therefore responsible to fulfill those desires. Keep trusting. Anna

View Profile
History
broken hearts huh ?
Posted : 2 Feb, 2010 07:16 AM

dear pink, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
broken hearts huh ?
Posted : 2 Feb, 2010 08:24 PM

:bow::bow::bow:: You said a mouthful of truth. Thank you my sister!! ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
broken hearts huh ?
Posted : 13 Feb, 2010 11:43 AM

People who cherish integrity are rare to find but they do exist. Many claim to be chritian but their life does not reflect their sayings.

We have to guard our hearts and let Lord Jesus dwell in it.

View Profile
History
broken hearts huh ?
Posted : 27 Feb, 2010 02:54 AM

Dating websites are like real life.

You have good and bad in both.

You can be deceived in real life and here.

You can make mistakes here and be hurt by others.

Also you can make mistakes here and hurt others.

Forgive anyone who has hurt you.

Ask for forgiveness of anyone you have hurt.

Talk to Jesus about it [prayer], include Him in the process.

View Profile
History
broken hearts huh ?
Posted : 27 Feb, 2010 07:13 AM

dear carmen, welcome to the forums..

ole cattleman

View Profile
History
broken hearts huh ?
Posted : 27 Feb, 2010 07:14 AM

dear life, welcome to the forums.

you gave mighty good advice there..

ole cattle

Seuss

View Profile
History
broken hearts huh ?
Posted : 2 Apr, 2010 08:34 AM

Thank You so muc for that msg. I need to read that. Every guy I get involved with, tend to rush into it. So, now I will be having my guard up to protect my heart. Maybe that is not a good thing, but what else can I do? I tend to be too open at first. I look at it this way, they will either like me or not. I know I need to be more careful. The most I have been hurt by someone online, was when a guy tried to scam me lied to me in so many ways. He was a real charmer. He promised things that he could not deliver. I usually learn my lessons the hard way. Trying to find my way back to God. Maybe the Lord had me read this msg, i don't know.