Author Thread: Hi all
Admin

Hi all
Posted : 24 Feb, 2010 09:48 PM

I want to know why there are so many men on this site proclaiming to be christian, and believing in GOD ( who cannot be seen; so if you believe in him you are exercising your FAITH) but you all seem to be afraid to exercise that FAITH when it comes to conversing with someone who does not have a photo attached to their profile.

Where is your FAITH, my friends.

Remember we walk by FAITH not by sight.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Hi all
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 07:01 AM

Well...there's quite a few scary misleading people on here. Put a picture up, or do what you're doing...get on the forums:rocknroll:. And besides...not having a picture is the online equivalent of wearing a mask in public...

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Hi all
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 11:59 AM

dear lejanne, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Hi all
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 01:45 PM

For me it isn't a question of living/walking by faith. When I see a profile and no picture, it makes me wonder, why? I have come across too many profiles on here and other sites where a female wants someone who "wants me for me" and then doesn't post a pic. I question whether or not the female has confidence in herself?!?!? If she doesn't have confidence with herself or doesn't like the way she looks, that's going to be a turn off for a guy...I'm sure it goes the other way in regards to how women view men who lack confidence and I should know b/c I'm not to confident myself and often I suffer from a low self esteem, yet I still have pics of myself up for others to see. Just some thoughts! Later!~

View Profile
History
Hi all
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 09:42 PM

I don't mind in the beginning, but at some point they would have to.

View Profile
History
Hi all
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 07:03 AM

Don'tHit.. makes a very excellent point.

In today's age where a digital camera is very easy to have or have use of, posting some photos of yourself is not that hard to do. Even one taken by yourself is better than none at all. With the "ease" of being able to "Fabricate" an identity here online -- having a photo (better yet several photos) make's one feel better about whom they are conversing with. Also, most men need to know if they are "physically" attracted to the woman.

Let's be open and truthful...eventually they will have to meet...so why not have that photo up in the begining?

I also do understand that some would rather begin without one and then progress, but again...eventually...

View Profile
History
Hi all
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 08:11 AM

dear lejanne, i believe in starting any relationship with bein open... to me without a pic thats not bein open with me... and id not be interisted in starting any relations that way.. that may not be all men.. but its surely my preference to see a pic and be open to begin with..

i believe most folks would find it very hard to start falling for a little lite blue square box with no photo written in it.

if you want success you need to give yourself the best possible chances.. i will tell ya when im searching i dont even look at profiles without pics.. and i may be missing out on a real gem by doing that. but i just dont wanna start out in the dark so to speak.. that just doesnt interist me..

am i shallow, well maybe.. or i could just be a man that knows what i like and what i want to find.. i believe my gem will have a picture up..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Hi all
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 08:35 AM

Dear LeJanne, do you remember the old tv show "The Dating Game?"

A contestant sits on one side of a screen asking a series of provocative questions to 3 unseen prospects that answer the one's questions in a humorous or flirty way in the hope of being selected in the end to be his/her date and win the surprise date Getaway trip to some romantic place? Well this ain't that...

I think the men and women here are here for many different reasons from seeking a chat buddy to finding a marriage partner. Chat buddies and online friends don't necessarily need photos but if seeking something more you might want to consider having a photo because like or not that's part of what a feller (and ladies too) looks at when wanting to meet someone, and hopefully he's reading the whole profile too.

As for you question " where is your faith?" please take no offense but couldn't the same be asked of you? As believers we're all called to step out in faith trusting in God's plan for each of us right?:winksmile::goofball:

View Profile
History
Hi all
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 11:16 AM

looks are just as important as personality, no more no less. maybe that makes me shallow, but i don't talk to the chicks who have a pretty picture and nothing written on their profile either.

jake22

View Profile
History
Hi all
Posted : 1 Mar, 2010 08:29 AM

im not trying to be rude but you have to understand how guys think. we are visual, i dont think women are as much, most guys wanted to be attracted to someone from the outside as well as the inside. So guys wanna know if your attractive to them, b/c if the form a relationship with you its not fair to them if they want a beautiful woman to them, to be married too. if God wants you to be with them they'll think you beautiful anyways. most most guys look at the outside then after that, they look at the inside. trust me i promise you i hope you find the guy of you dreams b/c God grants the desires of your heart if you have relationship with him

View Profile
History
Hi all
Posted : 1 Mar, 2010 10:45 AM

For me it's a look - not so much her size or shape but the way she presents herself. I like to see her eyes, the way she dresses and whether or not she looks like the person she says she is. I like pics of her with family or friends. The more pics the better. And by the way, a nature pic or something else instead of a pic of you is the same thing as no pic at all. Throw a few of them in with the other pics but you should have a couple of pics of yourself in there too.

It is unfortunate that this site doesn't offer the ability to send attachments with our emails. I have been on other sites that do have this feature and it was very cool. (I can also see how this could be a bad thing because of the way some people might use it.)

Keep in mind that it really is a fact that profiles with pics get more contacts. You have to pay the fiddler if you want to hear the tune.

Thunder

Page : 1 2