Author Thread: Different Denomination
Admin

Different Denomination
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 06:25 PM

I'm wondering if you meet someone and everything is just right as far as compatability goes but you are different denominations. You are both christian of course but one is say Presbyterian and the other Pentecostal or Lutheran and Evangelical. What ever the combination.

How would you resolve it, or can it be resolved?

View Profile
History
Different Denomination
Posted : 26 Apr, 2010 12:31 PM

I'm running into this also. I will grow to like someone who checks the box of being a Christian (non-denominational or otherwise) and come to find out through conversation that they haven't been to church in years. I know that The Lord has the perfect man out there for me somewhere, is it one of these men out there like I described or is it going to be a man who is strong in his walk with Christ?

View Profile
History
Different Denomination
Posted : 26 Apr, 2010 05:47 PM

Hi sweeteacher78

yep, we have to definitely be careful of who we let into our lives.

be cautious is all I say ;)

with love,

Riveroflife

GuyWithWebsite

View Profile
History
Different Denomination
Posted : 15 May, 2010 10:11 PM

I think this is a really difficult question. People who quote scripture saying all born-again people should be of one mind.

Lets say for the sake of argument you are convinced the person you are considering is a born-again believer. If they happen to be Catholic, are you going to pray with them to the Virgin Mary?

Lets say they are a seventh day Adventist and you are not, are you going to stop eating pork and keep the Sabbath? Ok, lets say the answer is yes, are you willing to tell others they must do the same too?

Lets say they are a pentacostal and you are not. Many pentacostals believe (correct me if I am wrong) that a Christian MUST strive to speak in tongues, or they cannot progress in the life. Are you comfortable doing that?

A surprising number of churches now have female lead pastors, some even have openly practicing homosexual pastors. Many consider that this is a sign of progress, others that it is a rebellion against the Bible's commands. Are you willing to put yourself under the spiritual authority of such a church, or are you willing to leave such a church?

Many churches teach a type of prosperity gospel. They focus on the "word of faith", others teach that this is wrong and focus on sacrifice.

Perhaps an interesting one is Calvinism. Theoretically, nobody should divide over this issue, yet many do because the doctrine (calvinist or arminian) often becomes woven into the fabric of every sermon somehow...until those who disagree just find it easier to go where they are more comfortable.

...ok, now Im probably scraping the bottom of the barrel of things that affect marriage. But these are only the ones I can think of.

Yes, we should all be one...but its tough out there :glow:

Page : 1 2 3