Author Thread: Hopeless To Hope ( Some Of My Testimony)
Christiancowboy1

View Profile
History
Hopeless To Hope ( Some Of My Testimony)
Posted : 8 Mar, 2010 08:31 PM

Many do not understand why they feel hopeless. i have had the Lord give me understanding as to why I felt so hopeless. It was because I have lived my life according to the ways of the world. In the world, all things come to an end. Everything of the world is only temporary, and nothing is lasting. So, when things of the this world go bad, or not as we hoped they would, then we get down, discouraged, and feel hopeless. It is all because we are raised in the world and live in the world according to the ways of the world, which are not everlasting and only lead to an end, and hopelessness. This creates our feelings of hopelessness. It is because all our hope was in the things we knew or know here on earth.

I my own life, I have experienced so many horable things, loniness, growing up feeling alone and abondoned by ones parents. Failed marriages, which the other person only cared for what they could get out of the marriage and to only leave once they had obtained what they could get from me. I had a home, land, many animals, etc... I felt ok sometimes, but still felt empty. I had some security because of my job, home, money, etccc but i still knew i was not happy. i had studied the word since i was young and desire the things of the lord, but didnt have true understanding and didnt understand his ture ways and that i had my hope in what he could give me here on earth, not in what I had through Christ which will and does last forever and eternity.

i have always desired and wanted to be excepted by others, and especially the lord. But because of my family and wifes rejection, I felt more hopeless, worthless and as my life had no value or meaning to it at all. Which in true reality, it did not have any true value. I have always prayed and even felt the calling of the Lord on my Heart to serve him dispite my own feelings of feeling worthless, and asthough my life was worthless. I have sought the truth of the lord for so long, and he has shown it to me little by little, but it for so long didnt make sense to me. I prayed to him, i cursed him even, I jusy hurt, I just wanted out of this world of hopelessness which I felt traped in, and had been traped in for so long, or really all my life.

I knew the turth that i had my hopes in the things of the world, and tried to not have them htere. i tried to be a humble person as Paul tells us to be, but after my last marriage which I gave her everything I had of my heart, soul, material, etccc. and then she just took it and left me broke. Yes a broken man with nothing. Nothing so I though, and felt like at the time. But little did I know at the time how the Lord was answering me prayers. Yes my prayers and my hearts desire to be of him and a life for him which he knew i desired but didnt know how to do, or what to do. I cried out to him times asking him to help me and lead me. Which he was, I just couldnt see or understand it at the time.

When the lord allowed her to take it all. he did me a favor. A true favor. he finally made me have to give up all the hope I had in the world, and depend on him totally for everything. yes I could have got a good sales job again, but i knew the favor the lord had done me. And i so desire to have that faith in him and to trust in him and to follow after his ways not the ways of the world which dont last. you could say my life is a story of from hopelessness,worthlessness, to grace, value, and purpose in him for him sharing in the pains, and hopelessness of ohter. To let ohters know of the hope we have in him. But most of all to show them from m y lifes example that putting our hope in the world just leads to an end. but the end is really the beginning of real life. it can be the beginning of real life in him.

God Bless You all,

David

Dahlee

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2010 09:23 PM

Hi Christiancowboy!!! Why focus on the things that wont make you happy? Have you counted your blessings? Do you still have your both hands and feet? Do you still taste your food if they are delicious? Do you still appreciate and thank God for very food you take ?Do you thank the Lord when the cold air touches your face? You are not in the hospital right? Just think of those cancer patients, they know that their lives will be taken up by the Lord anytime but they stil have hope to live. That the Lord may prolong their lives, that the Lord might make miracle in their lives. Why worry when you can pray? Our God is not deaf , he always listen especially if we have a repented heart. Jesus died for all our sins and God always understand us and want to forgive us for all our sins and shortcomings. I just hope you will focus yourself on others especially those who really need help.You will really feel very very happy when you make other people happy for you will reap what you sow. If you make other people happy it will truly make you happy too.

Immerse yourself to the words of God and by the way have you read the book 'THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE ' BY RICK WARREN? I suggest you have that book and read it for 40 days and after reading that I AM VERY VERY SURE YOU KNOW YOUR PURPOSE WHY GOD MADE YOU " God loves you soooooooo much !!!!

Christiancowboy1

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2010 10:31 PM

I dont guess you didn't read the whole post. It is my testimony of the Lord brought me out of being hopeless and into the hope of life in him. Oh by the way I have read the purpose driven life,

Blessings,

David