Author Thread: who get's the prize?
Admin

who get's the prize?
Posted : 11 Mar, 2010 07:02 AM

Soppose two righteous men are praying for the same thing. Whether it is the same woman, job, whatever! What decides who get's the prize?

nyanda

Prov31_Lady

View Profile
History
who get's the prize?
Posted : 11 Mar, 2010 06:25 PM

God. He controls everything. To the one he doesn't give it to, he's got something better up his sleeve.

View Profile
History
who get's the prize?
Posted : 11 Mar, 2010 06:43 PM

God's will

View Profile
History
who get's the prize?
Posted : 11 Mar, 2010 09:56 PM

One of them gets the woman and the other gets the job. But the one that gets the woman loses her because he doesn't have a job and the guy that gets a job goes home to a lonely apartment every night. But then he loses the job because he is spending too much time looking for a girl at CDFF while he's at work and because I have been praying patiently for a job and a woman I get them both!! :ROFL:

Oh, and because I totally rock! :rocknroll:

Thunder :yay:

View Profile
History
who get's the prize?
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 04:56 PM

LOL! @ Thunder... hahaha

View Profile
History
who get's the prize?
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 05:08 PM

as for me, i think saying "God's will" is a cop out. sure there will be situations where he says NO! but most of the time we ask amiss, or with an unbelieving heart.

i think the person who is most persistent will get it what they ask for. i also believe God holds out to strengthen our faith in him. i can't remember where i read it, but i remember reading about a woman who kept bothering a judge for a certain matter and because of her persistence she wearied him and he granted her request. then Jesus encouraged us to persist! because even the evil judge gave good gifts, what of our father in heaven who is Good.

nyanda

Prov31_Lady

View Profile
History
who get's the prize?
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 07:10 PM

Thunder you crack me up! :ROFL:

View Profile
History
who get's the prize?
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 10:57 PM

Here it is nyanda:

Luk 18:2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

Luk 18:3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

Luk 18:4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

Luk 18:5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

Luk 18:6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.

Luk 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Luk 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Thunder

View Profile
History
who get's the prize?
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 11:03 PM

and another thing, I don't usually pray for something that I can find wisdom in the Word about. The answers to so many of our prayers are in the Bible or if we just apply the principles and obey the Word we don't have to ask. I sometimes wonder if God hates to repeat Himself over and over! :laugh: He's sitting on His throne and holding his head in His hands saying " haven't you read the book?" and then He doesn't "answer" because He already told us what to do. I have never believed that God has one special woman for me. He gave us minds to make decisions with, gave us directions and commandments to follow and obey so what is the problem?

Thunder

View Profile
History
who get's the prize?
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 04:46 AM

LOL@ "haven't you read the book" lmao for real tho, but since he is all knowing, he would just go about doing his thing until he feels the need to nudge us, or give us a hint, as life is consists of constant learning. i could see him with his head in hand on his hip, shaking his head saying "surely this is a sorrow i must bear" LOL hahaha

nyanda

p.s thanks for the scripture Thunder!

FunnyChef317

View Profile
History
who get's the prize?
Posted : 28 Apr, 2010 03:28 PM

God's will, He controls everything.

Page : 1 2