Author Thread: MEAN People Hurt People
SusieQ8

View Profile
History
MEAN People Hurt People
Posted : 2 Jul, 2008 03:39 PM

Being that I am a very nice person, I need to stand-up and SHOUT the above statement!

Why?

Because now that I am my "Middies", I realize it is time to stop being overly understanding to the MEANIES by saying they are hurt.

NO! NO! NO!

They are MEANIES!

They CHOOSE it!

It empowers them over the nice people!

IT scares us! We remember "hurt people, hurt people" And it hurts us but we choose to forgive, give the benefit of the doubt, make excuses, enable some more, and stay in relationships way too long.

Why do we do it?

Because we are the nice people and they are the predators. Bottom line it is true!

So it is time to :stop: :stop: :stop: being co-dependent or a victim of the meanies.

TRUTH: Truly hurt people do everything in their power to avoid hurting others because they have been there, and know how it feels. :angel:

:prayingf:

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
MEAN People Hurt People
Posted : 3 Jul, 2008 06:27 PM

Tomie,

you seem to have such a precious heart of compassion. I really appreciate it and your sense of humor (most of the time :ROFL:)

The first few lines 1-4 are a terrific character analysis in assisting us to ID the "meanies". Timothy was a very nice, young man and Paul was exhorting his spiritual son here.

Checkout 2 Timothy 3:5 .... "from such turn away!"

Actually, I was hoping to not instill fear at all but

COURAGE and STRENGTH:

:boxing::angel::boxing::angel::boxing:

for those of us (check it out--2 Timothy 3:6) who tend to not adhere to this portion of the WORD, tending to be "nice, I mean really nice--to the point of doormats to CLOSE THE DOOR WHEN THEY COME KNOCKING

Or help us not to compromise because we are lonely and our desires (lusts) cause us to welcome them.

or if they are in our lives (male or female): acquaintances, friends, employers, relatives, pastors, tv evangelists, etc... "TURN AWAY!"

I fully believe in accepting responsibility. That's why I pray for humility, discernment, revelation, wisdom, knowledge, serenity(the prayer), and strength. Actually, it might be view as an open testimony of repentance.

SPEAKING of Repentence: If any of you are "meanies" and have been following this thread, you know your feeling a tugging, or an out right rage: perhaps now might be a good time to confess and be cleansed.

:peace:

Susan

Page : 1 2