Author Thread: i have a few things to bring up. i'm very confuzed.
angelbear7

View Profile
History
i have a few things to bring up. i'm very confuzed.
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 11:47 AM

ok first off i'm 18 getting ready to graduate high school and i'm having a problem at school. see i'm handicapped, in a wheelchair, and i have a kidney infection. i'm taking medicine for it but its still there had it for about 3 weeks. and my regular wheelchair i guess has a smell from it. they are making me use one of their wheelchairs. which is not workin out very well because my back is really bad and my regular is modified for my back but i'm not going to argue with them because i wanna graduate. well i guess the other day they said their wheelchair smelled so they are acussing me of not doing my medical stuff at school. the school bored called my mom and they are threatening to expell me when i am doing my stuff. i'm praying about it but i'm getting impatient so my question to my first problem is. would God be mad if i pressed charges against the school in order to stand up for myself.

ok this second problem may seem a little bit childish but i need help. i'm at a loss as to what to do. i've been prayin about it but i'm still confuzed. keep in mind i'm 18 and still tryin to learn Gods ways. ok so my best friend yogi who i talk about on my page. he lives in memphis TN when i lived there he was my guardian angel and i fell in love with him and such because he changed me brought me to jesus. well he didnt feel the same way and i've tried accepting that he wants to be my best friend and that he says we'll be only friends. ive dated other guys. but the other guys just seem like they dont even come close to yogi. i dont try to compare all the guys to yogi. but they do something wrong like one tried to be sexual and i'm not like that. the guys pretend to be yogi and then eventually show they're true colors. i'm basically to he point where i knew 3 years ago that i loved yogi and i want him to be the one. but its basically to the point where i never wanna date again unless its yogi because he's the one i really want. i cant tell him this because when i told him i loved him 3 years ago when i lived in memphis it pushed him away a little. i dont want to lose him i dont know what to do. i wanna spend the rest of my life with this man. i mean i pray about it and since me and the last guy broke up me and yogi have talked more (we talk on facebook we havent talked as much since i've moved which was right after i told him i loved him) and him and his girlfriend broke up. so maybe thats a sign? if not how am i suppose to move on? its been 3 years i wanna stop crying about this. i want us to be together i want God to help me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 10:22 PM

hi angelbear, some lady with allergies sued the state of detroit(?) and won, now there is a measure in place that permits employers to keep staff from wearing heavily scented perfume, use candles, toiletries etc.

"render unto ceasar what is ceasar's" the justice system was put in palce to attempt to administer justice in this worldly rhelm. it is in your best interest to use it if you are in a position where you have been wronged.

now, about God being angry at you. it would be helpful to note that God will judge us for our actions, and we have until we are dead to repent from a bad decision and sin. we can only make decisions based on the information at hand. i would give you points for seeking God in prayer and putting yourself out there on this site. if i were in your position i would SUE THEM. God is not petty, he will not make you feel guilty about anything atall. he will nudge you along at your request or in a case of dyer need. or if you fall he will pick you up. be encouraged, God is good. even though he may seem indifferent, do not be discouraged. "the sun shines on the evil and just" let that be evidence of his faithfulness and love.

if i understood you correctly, they are trying to expel you for making their wheel chair smell like medicine? ugh, they make me sick. isn't it enough that you are in a wheel chair and NEED medicine that they have to hold this over your head? sheesh! -- take heart.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 10:41 PM

oh, and about that guy... hmm.

God is not the author of confusion, and he has given us everything that pertaineth to life....God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a strong mind. i would encourage you to believe the truth that is before you. ignore the confusion, rebuke it if it would make you feel better. set you face toward truth and soundness of mind, like Jesus set his face toward Jerusalem and be of good courage. if three years have passed and this guy has not showed any interest then it is very likely that you are depending heavily on wishful thinking.

think about these things, maybe the answers would give you some freedom;

why do you love him?

is that factor(the reason u love him) still a part of your life?

are your interests the same as they were back then?

what has changed about you since then?

do you believe he is still the same person you perceived him to be?

were those other guys really that bad?

and here's a challenge, write down the qualities you would want in a man. stack him up against them, not the other way around also keep in mind to only check those things that you are sure about. not those things that seem to be ...

nyanda

p.s i do believe this is the longest reply i have ever gave...

be blessed young lady :purpleangel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2010 11:01 AM

I have been in that "guy" situation a few times and thinking that "this" guy is the one, and maybe he is the one for you. I just want to encourage you to change your thinking... instead of saying "I just want us to be together", pray for what God wants for you. Maybe He has someone way better for you, but you just can't see it yet. I used to get so frustrated. With my friend and I, everyone would ask if we were dating yet or when we were going to start dating, my parents would ask when the wedding was going to happen, and just about everyone said we were perfect for each other (people are still saying that, but I don't believe them anymore). Along with everyone's questions I was wondering the same thing. I really thought that this was the guy for me. I would get so mad at God and say, "Why can't we date? Why can't we get married? We are perfect for each other!" One of my best friends gave me the best advice about this. She said that if I really loved him, I should let him go. God has His ways of working things out, and if you are supposed to be with that guy than God will definitely work it out but in His own timing! I am still working on letting my friend go, but it is getting easier. I read this book called "Lady In Waiting", and I strongly recommend it for you, and one thing they strongly encouraged was that we guard our hearts - and its a good thing because Proverbs 4:23 says, "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Alot of times, when a girl is "in love" with a boy her heart goes with him. And then when he breaks up with her, she doesn't get her whole heart back, a little piece stays with him. Before you are married, you should only allow God the Father to hold your heart, until He tells you that it is OK to give it away to a man. I am still learning that lesson, and I've read that book 4 times! And God is the healer of broken hearts, so when you give Him your heart He will fix it up and treasure His daughter's heart until the day when He gives her a man to treasure her heart!

Oh yeah, and don't compare other guys to Yogi. In a way that is devaluing them as an individual. They are not Yogi, and they can't ever be Yogi, so they will never measure up to those standards. They are their own unique person, and that is how they need to be viewed!

Other books I would recommend are Boy Meets Girl by Josh Harris, For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn, and Every Young Woman's Battle by Shannon Ethridge.

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2010 02:56 PM

angelbear,

I don't feel like you sue the school board. I know it will be hard but I feel like you should just give it to God to take care of...this takes a lot of faith and if things don't seem to work out for you at first, just know that God is in control!! Perhaps something else could be done to solve the situation. As for the guy...I have been in your situation and for me, unfortunately (haha) the women I "thought" I was in love with is now married and has a familiy of her own. I still think/wonder what might have been, but I have given it to God and moving forward with my life...well at least I hope its forward,haha!! I will say a prayer for you and good luck with whatever may come your way. Later!~

angelbear7

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2010 12:17 PM

i dont purposely compare guys to yogi. its just i know what i want in features personality wise and such and they pretend to have it for awhile and then show they're complete colors and when they do something wrong. i will think to myself "yogi wouldnt do that" i dont mean to its just yogi changed my life and i dk and when i try dating other guys i dont directly thing about yogi the thing is nobody else has changed my life so i dont feel the same way i guess.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 06:19 PM

about the school situation. I would save the lawsuit thoughts for the absolute last resort. If you're going to graduate in a month or so it may not be worth your time or your money trying to sort this out. Have your parents gone in to talk with your principal about the situation?

and for the guy... yeah that hurts. If he' hasn't told you his feelings have changed since the last time you've talked about it or hasn't otherwise given you any reason to think they have, it may be time to put some distance between you and Yogi. keep your conversations with him to a minimum. If you're still talking with him a lot and you're still making an effort to keep him in your life its going to make moving on just that much harder.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2010 06:09 AM

Hi Angelbear,

I don't want to say too much on the sueing schoolboard thing, as I come from a different country and culture and the US juridical system is (despite all the US movies and series in our TV program) very strange to me. Just one thing:

I do not believe this is something that God would be angry about. Because you have rights in the US to sue, and as the school board in not within church but within state (the bible says to not go to court with fellow christians, but the US are not christian, they are secular by constitution as I was told).

I think there are certainly many other raesons why not to go to court, as costs, hassle and all that, like others pointed out and they must know, as they know your system better.

But I wanted to write because of Yogi. And there is one question that came to my mind, and I want to pass it on to you:

Do you love Yogi, or do you want him? (wanting not being reduced to sexuality, just to make my question clear)

I've been in similar situations, and I have found out many times that it was mostly about me wanting to be with that woman, rather than being in love (as love lets go).

I don't mean to be judgemental, I think I know more or less what you are in, I just wanted to offer a different way of looking t the issue.

God bless you

De Benny

FunnyChef317

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2010 03:23 PM

Yes you should sue if you're being discriminated against. the word of God only tells us not to sue a BROTHER OR SISTER in Christ. The public school system isn't a Christian brother or sister.

Now, don't sue them for monetary gain, but file a suit stating that you want to graduate on time.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 08:29 PM

Hello angelgbear:

My name is George:

The word of the Lord syas not to sue a Brother or Sister before the unbelievers.

1st Corinthians 6:1-6

You will be suing a system,that is not wanting Christians to being there.

You are not wrestling with the board members,rather with the demonic beings that are motivating the people to be against you.

Ask the Lord for the chance to share the Gospel with the people in the school.

I would have you to seek the Lord in this matter and do as He reveals to you,what is to be done.

The Lord does not judge us,our judgement was poured out onto Jesus.

About Yogi.

Give Yogi to Yeshua,Let the Lord undertake this matter.

You should seek first the kingship of God and His righteousness,and Let the Lord sort out this matter.

I Believe the Lord will bring into your life the man that He has raised up to be your husband,that is if you will trust Him.

The man will be a man after the Lords own heart.

He will wash you in the Word of the Lord.

He will Love you without condition.

He will Lay his life down for you at any given moment.

He will think of you as better then Himself.

I hope that you will be having a blessed weekend.

trucker

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 10:03 PM

For your lawsuit question, I say this:

Vengeance belongs to God, who btw just so happens to Love justice! Be at peace, knowing that God will give you Justice, and that you yourself do not have to seek after it. Have faith in God!

I want to speak words of faith towards you, and I pray you receive them, and in faith are Healed.

You said "see i'm handicapped, in a wheelchair, and i have a kidney infection."

God says Isaiah 53:5 - "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

You're in a wheelchair? You serve a God who makes the lame walk. Now, stand up and walk, and be freed from the prison of your chair! Let it not be a prison to you no more! Make your covenant with the Lord, and not with doctors.

James 5:13-20 " 13Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

14Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

17Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.

18And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

19Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

20Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins."

Page : 1 2