Author Thread: i have a few things to bring up. i'm very confuzed.
angelbear7

View Profile
History
i have a few things to bring up. i'm very confuzed.
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 11:47 AM

ok first off i'm 18 getting ready to graduate high school and i'm having a problem at school. see i'm handicapped, in a wheelchair, and i have a kidney infection. i'm taking medicine for it but its still there had it for about 3 weeks. and my regular wheelchair i guess has a smell from it. they are making me use one of their wheelchairs. which is not workin out very well because my back is really bad and my regular is modified for my back but i'm not going to argue with them because i wanna graduate. well i guess the other day they said their wheelchair smelled so they are acussing me of not doing my medical stuff at school. the school bored called my mom and they are threatening to expell me when i am doing my stuff. i'm praying about it but i'm getting impatient so my question to my first problem is. would God be mad if i pressed charges against the school in order to stand up for myself.

ok this second problem may seem a little bit childish but i need help. i'm at a loss as to what to do. i've been prayin about it but i'm still confuzed. keep in mind i'm 18 and still tryin to learn Gods ways. ok so my best friend yogi who i talk about on my page. he lives in memphis TN when i lived there he was my guardian angel and i fell in love with him and such because he changed me brought me to jesus. well he didnt feel the same way and i've tried accepting that he wants to be my best friend and that he says we'll be only friends. ive dated other guys. but the other guys just seem like they dont even come close to yogi. i dont try to compare all the guys to yogi. but they do something wrong like one tried to be sexual and i'm not like that. the guys pretend to be yogi and then eventually show they're true colors. i'm basically to he point where i knew 3 years ago that i loved yogi and i want him to be the one. but its basically to the point where i never wanna date again unless its yogi because he's the one i really want. i cant tell him this because when i told him i loved him 3 years ago when i lived in memphis it pushed him away a little. i dont want to lose him i dont know what to do. i wanna spend the rest of my life with this man. i mean i pray about it and since me and the last guy broke up me and yogi have talked more (we talk on facebook we havent talked as much since i've moved which was right after i told him i loved him) and him and his girlfriend broke up. so maybe thats a sign? if not how am i suppose to move on? its been 3 years i wanna stop crying about this. i want us to be together i want God to help me.

cowgirl1984

View Profile
History
i have a few things to bring up. i'm very confuzed.
Posted : 7 Oct, 2010 11:02 PM

I agree with carib on both matters. I don't know that you will have to actually go through with suing them honestly. I think that if you say you will press charges for discrimination, though you may need to go through with it so be prepared, that they will back down. If they don't, then you are not wrong to pursue a lawsuit if you are following the medical routine prescribed for you by your doctor regarding your kidney infection. Whoever said that about not suing for monetary gain is absolutely correct though. It is purely a means to keep them from discriminating against you and should not be about money. But whoever quoted the verse about vengeance being the Lord's is not using that verse correctly, at least not from what I can see in your post. If you're not doing it vindictively, and since you're struggling with the decision I don't think you are, then it has nothing to do with "revenge" so that verse does not apply. The law is there to help and protect us. It doesn't always do a great job, but that's why it's there. Use it. If you're uncomfortable going straight to a lawyer, maybe try writing a letter to a local government official, such as the mayor or someone on the state legislature or the governor, though to be honest they might not respond in time.

As for the guy (I also agree with carib on this), I know exactly what you mean and how you feel because I have gone through this. Keep in mind though that you are 18 and still in high school. You are in a stage of life where emotions are often magnified, so your feelings for Yogi likely feel deeper than they are. I'm not going to say he's not the one, but it sounds complicated, and like carib said, God is not the author of confusion. Loving someone who doesn't love you back is very painful. Focus your eyes on God for now. Don't think about guys or love or anything else like that for a while. Until you can be perfectly content and happy being single, you won't ever have a truly successful romantic relationship. God has to be your center first, then once He is and you are ready for a relationship, He needs to be the center of your relationship. If God's not your center, and if He's not the center of the relationship, then the relationship will be your center and that is very dangerous and leads to unhappiness and discontent.

A really great book that I think you would benefit from is Finding Peace. It's by Dr. Charles Stanley. Also read Philippians 4:4-9 and meditate on that passage.

Page : 1 2