Author Thread: Bass guitar
Admin

Bass guitar
Posted : 30 Mar, 2010 09:20 PM

So, I've just started playing bass guitar for a local church. I know enough to play along, such as just hitting the root note throughout the song, but I'm looking to a) get better and more knowledgeable and b) find some tabs to popular worship songs to practice. If there are any other bass players out there, or just musicians in general who can help, any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

In Christ

Garrett

NCGent

View Profile
History
Bass guitar
Posted : 2 Apr, 2010 06:04 PM

I play lead guitar for a small southern/country gospel band. I started out playing the bass myself. I've been playing now for about 28 years. Started playing bass when i was about 11, and then learned the six string beginning at 13. I still can't read music that well, mainly play by ear myself. The best advice I can give ya, continue to practice and always let the Lord guide you. I pray you enjoy playing as much as I have in the past years that I've been able to. God bless you friend and may God bless you.

View Profile
History
Bass guitar
Posted : 2 Apr, 2010 08:34 PM

Thanks man. I've been playing guitar for about 4 or 5 years now. I know a few of the basics behind playing bass, but I'm looking to expand my knowledge. What I've found out so far is that most every song can be played almost by ear if you know the major scale and what key the song is in. In fact, it's easy to find the key on your own if you know the major scale. I've found a few websites that give some good tips and advice. Thanks for the support. It's ALWAYS an honor to be able to praise the Lord! God Bless!

In Christ

Garrett

Dahlee

View Profile
History
Bass guitar
Posted : 13 Apr, 2010 05:58 PM

Hii Garret,

I think www.videojug.com will teach you more to play bass guitar.

View Profile
History
Bass guitar
Posted : 18 Jun, 2010 08:53 PM

I've been playing bass for 7ish years myself. Started when I was 16. I've been playing Sundays at my home church for about 6 years (with some gaps due to college, moving out of town for a bit). But otherwise pretty regularly. I guess the first question I would ask is what kind of music do you play in your church?