Author Thread: Ah- FREE - Ka
jujumac86

View Profile
History
Ah- FREE - Ka
Posted : 21 Apr, 2010 04:34 PM

Hi all,

So I am interested in Africa! I've been to Kenya once (only country in Africa that I've been to) and I want to return to Africa. I am currently working on a master's in math and would like to use that while on the field. But honestly, I know very little about missions. I went to a seminary and learned a lot, but..... I still don't know very much about the paperwork and process to get on the field. I'm sure that varies by denomination: I am A/G (Assemblies of God).

Anybody have some advice about where to go from here? Anybody wanna volunteer to be my mentor? hehe :P

I am praying about direction and would appreciate your prayers as well.

Blessings!

View Profile
History
Ah- FREE - Ka
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 09:27 PM

Just wanted to say hey. I know what you mean. I don't know much about missions either. I know that I've felt a calling since i was about 10 though to go into missions. I know that sounds kinda crazy but I was in AWANA and I felt His calling in my life. I want to go to Kenya too. I am sponsering a child over there through Compassion International. I haven't been able to go to seminary yet but I'm hoping to get in there some time soon. Well, have a good one.

View Profile
History
Ah- FREE - Ka
Posted : 20 Jun, 2010 05:09 PM

Heyyy....

I've been a missionary for a while actually and being an american does help getting a visa! LOL I've done a lot of traveling doing missionary work, I've actually lived in China for 3 yrs doing work there with underground churches.

You'd have to see what Kind of visas the country gives, from there you can choose what you want to use as a platform.. For me and china I was basically a foreign student and was able to have a long term visa, it also helped keep the Government away from being suspicious. Some people get business visas, or religious visas depending on the country.

You can also go through a missionary organization or with a church. There are many organizations, I was apart of YWAM Youth With a Mission. It's a great idea to be around people of God doing the work, especially if they're experienced. I'm happy I was apart of my china family, I've learned a lot. I wouldn't have done it any other...

It's really not that hard getting a visa. I've been to S.Africa and it wasn't anything too drastic. For some countries you can buy visas online being that our passports got bar codes that electronically keeps track of all that.

Applying for a passport is probably going to take time, i think you have to wait 2 months or so for it to come in????? Not sure if thats exact but you can check it out.. Im sure you can pay extra to receive it quicker.

But definitely Pray about it, who knows, He may want you to do it differently. :peace: