Admin

Yoked equally
Posted : 30 Apr, 2010 05:32 PM

Is this important to you?

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 1 May, 2010 01:40 PM

I will give an example of my approach to the word of God, before "I knew the lord I was brought up not knowing the lord or being taught about him. I didn't even believe there was a God, when I was saved, that very day I picked up the bible and could not put it down, but it was very necessary to have the mind renewed by the word of God, it took a while to put some traditions down, But the lord usually deals with me by asking Questions, for instance where does it say that in my word. Always without exception he refers you back to his word

When I accepted the lord I also accepted his word, which are one and the same. I believe it is literally true, and this seems to be very hard for most Christians to accept

So being when you have scripture that seems to contradict scripture,

you must go back to scripture and reconcile the two, for it is impossible for God to lie.

Second item is that without receiving the holy spirit as in scripture, you will never grow to be the christian you are called to be.

For instance most know that there are those that believe there is limited atonement, or otherwords Jesus did not die for all mankind, they also say unless that unless you believe their doctrine you are believing the wrong Gospel, there is not one point of their doctrine that is in agreement with scripture, and it totally violates the law of faith.

Ok the point is this, I did not say that to point the finger at anyone but it is common knowledge to all who spend time on this forum.

The word say's to mark those, but as you notice some will side with them.

Can you walk with the lord and be in disagreement with the lord.

First and foremost, it should always be the lord that brings the two people together and he will always do it in line with his word.

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 1 May, 2010 02:55 PM

The other thing that falls within this subject are those who are led BY GOD to marry an unbeliever -

There are also the others that decide to marry an unbeliever in the hope they will be saved after marriage.

I knew a Christian woman who married a man from her Church and once married, he stopped going to Church - they are divorced now and he is still not attending any Church or living as a Christian.....

The dangerous part of any male/female union is getting mixed up with emotional/physical feelings as opposed to spiritual -

Many fall into the trap of thinking physical attraction and all the emotional attatchments to that as being the green light to move forward into a committed relationship - this can be deceiving for those not so strong spiritually.

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 1 May, 2010 05:02 PM

Hi Oshen1,

I agree with the others regarding dating/marrying a fellow christian, never an unbeliever.

With regard to dating/marrying someone who is younger in the Lord than you...my opinion...I wouldnt do it.(as a woman)

Our men need to lead the household in all things, especially leading us toward the Lord. Not that we're frail and weak that we cannot do things ourselves, but meaning spiritually mostly. We have to be able to look at him and think "wow this man is after God's heart, I want THAT in my life too"

he should be our mentor/discipler. Not to put alot of pressure on the men, haha but we need that guidance.

For the men, I would say it's ok to marry someone who is new in the Lord because he can teach her.

It's a big mistake for anyone to marry and think we will change that person. We're headed for disappointment.

Men have often told me that God sent me to them to bring them to the Lord, lol...yeah good one. Although I do have friends from my past (pre-Jesus) that want to come with me to church but I dont think it's to hang out with Jesus :)

You guys are funny ;)

well bless you today everyone!

Riveroflife

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 1 May, 2010 05:11 PM

River of life, Good counsel, I will say as a man, it has been ruff for me to be with a young believer, but that is not to say you can rule one out,

The lord will direct you as need be, we just need to make sure it is his perfect will.

InHisHonor

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 1 May, 2010 05:27 PM

Oshen1 �The other thing that falls within this subject are those who are led BY GOD to marry an unbeliever -...�

Oshen that's a good example.

God doesn't contradict himself. If God has written that we are not to be unequally yoked to an unbeliever he will not lead us to marry an unbeliever. Many people we use terms like �God led me to...� or �God gave me a vision to...� but if it goes against His word then it is not God doing the leading. It's the person that wants to do what they want instead of what God wants.

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 1 May, 2010 06:31 PM

yep, when we want to know if something is right and true we should always check the word of God, if it's in alignment, then amen.

I dont believe God would tell a believer to marry an unbeliever. It's not in His character.

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 1 May, 2010 08:11 PM

InHisHonor - is there an example of a man married to an unfaithful woman in the OT?

She would prostitute herself out to other men, but the Lord told him to remain married to her eventhough scripturally he had every right to divorce her for adultery.

I know God does not contradict His own word - it is US who do that. Remember every circumstance is different - I was directed by well meaning Christian women to remain in a violent abusive union but the LORD directed me to split from him....

Personally - as a Christian I would only choose a husband from brothers in Christ - I will not even look at an unbeliever and the Lord knows my heart.

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 1 May, 2010 08:29 PM

I should have included this in my last post -

A few weeks ago - a "brother in Christ" asked me out on a date - during the course of the phone conversation he told me to bring my "PJ's" along on the date...

I promptly told him ta ta...

To me, we would have been clearly spiritually unequally yoked if I had gone ahead with seeing him....

InHisHonor

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 1 May, 2010 10:44 PM

�InHisHonor - is there an example of a man married to an unfaithful woman in the OT?�

Oshen yes there are examples in the OT but we are no longer under that covenant. We are under a new covenant with Jesus Christ.

�I was directed by well meaning Christian women to remain in a violent abusive union but the LORD directed me to split from him....�

I would have disagreed with those women. Husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. The only love in an abusive relationship is the love of self. A husband that treats his wife or children in an abusive way only loves himself and is apart from God.

Ephesians 5: 25-30

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for it, that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word, that He might present it to Himself as the glorious church, without spot or wrinkle or any such things, but that it should be holy and without blemish. So men ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, even as the Lord loves the church for we are members of his body.

�A few weeks ago - a "brother in Christ" asked me out on a date - during the course of the phone conversation he told me to bring my "PJ's" along on the date...

I promptly told him ta ta...

To me, we would have been clearly spiritually unequally yoked if I had gone ahead with seeing him....�

I would have said that he wasn't a Christian. And yes you would have been unequally yoked because he was not a Christian. A Christian man would not ask you to go against God's word, only someone that is still worldly would do this.

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 2 May, 2010 12:37 AM

Yes I agree we are not under the old covenant but the new.

Having said that - we don't know what it is that the Lord has in store for us but I do know of cases where Christian folk feel they are led to have a relationship with a non believer - not marriage mind you but dating - usually are saved before marriage - I know a woman who this very thing happend to and she wrestled with it until she realised it was the right thing to do - they have been married many years now and have 5 kids and he is still on fire for Jesus.

We are not to be equally yoked but I do believe if the Lord leads one to a person He has plans for then that will be - mind you, I think this generally happens to more mature Christians who are least likely to fall for just any old person - generally this non believer has been "seeking" and the soil is soft for planting...

The Lord does not wish anyone to be eternally seperated from Him -

Page : 1 2 3 4