Admin

Yoked equally
Posted : 30 Apr, 2010 05:32 PM

Is this important to you?

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 2 May, 2010 12:49 AM

Generally speaking, I think that missionary dating is really unwise. First of all, we shouldn't be involved with someone romantically who we wouldn't marry. That is recreational dating, and something that I firmly believe believers should not engage in. I don't think that the concept of romancing people for pure entertainment is a biblical one.

Secondly, I don't understand how one could have a close, godly relationship with an unbeliever. How exactly does one accomplish that with a person who does not share something so fundamental? As it says in 2 Corinthians 6:14, what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Third, it seems like it would be easier to slip into sexual sin with an unbeliever then it would in a God-glorifying relationship.

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 2 May, 2010 12:53 AM

I don't promote unequal relationships but I have seen it done.

I guess the ones that have worked was the Spiritually mature folk who have been led to a non believer who has been "seeking" ......God's ways are higher than ours...

I have never heard of the term missionary dating....what is that?

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 2 May, 2010 01:00 AM

Missionary dating is when believers date nonbelievers in the hopes of bringing them to the Lord. It's a very... um... intimate form of evangelism, I guess you could say.

I think that one ought to evangelize prior to dating. If God is leading you to speak His truth to a member of the opposite sex, then you should absolutely do so! But that should be done outside of the context of dating. It may be so that God does intend for the 2 should marry, but that doesn't mean that they should pursue that while one is an unbeliever.

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 2 May, 2010 01:15 AM

That's the thing with being a spiritual being inside a physical body - the two are always at odds with each other...

I would be interested to know what percentage of Chrsitian marriages were founded on physical attraction as opposed to "spiritual" equality....

I would think the percentage of physical attraction v spritual compatability is a higher percentage..in the overall total....:angel:

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 2 May, 2010 04:42 PM

I think you are right about that :)

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 15 May, 2010 06:56 AM

The passage you are refering to is in the book of Hosea.

God told Hosea to find a wife, and told him ahead of time that she would be unfaithful to him. Although she would bear many children, some of the offspring would be fathered by others. In obedience to God, Hosea married Gomer. His relationship with her, her adultery, and their children became living, prophetic examples to Israel.

The book of Hosea is a love story, real, tragic and true.

Israel, like Gomer, was adulterous and unfaithful, spurning God's love and turning instread to false gods.

Hosea 1:2 & 3

When the Lord began to speak through Hosea, the Lord said to him, "Go, take to yourself and adulterous wife and children of unfaithfulness, because the land is guilty of the vilest adultery in departing from the Lord."

So he married Gomer daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.

Hosea 3:1-3

The Lord said to me, "Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another and is an adulterous. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes."

So I bought her for fifteen shekels of silver and about a homer and a lethek of barley.

Then I told her, "You are to live with me many days; you must not be a prostitute or be intimate with any man, and I will live with you."

God's instructions to Hosea were specific and unusual, but he also informed Hosea as to why He was requesting him to do this.

Later on, all this prior information [about his wifes behaviour] helped Hosea complete the task that God had given him.

SWEETANGELKAA

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 28 Oct, 2011 12:16 AM

Amen if you living for the Kingdom of God, and your life revolves around his destiny he has chosen for you, When youve experienced Jesus and have intimate personal relationship with him, Holy spirit dwells in you and works through you,,,you gonna want someone with the same passion and sprit filled with a hunger to fulfill what Chirst created them. Mighty warriors for the Kingdom man loves woman as christ loves church,,,,,thats love and woman who submits to her man,,,,,,under the authority of the lord jesus christ.......enough said

unequally yoked not for courtship

or marriage........

god bless

Kimberly Fire Ministry revealing the mystery.

Passion to be ignited by holy spirit set ablaze with his love.

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 24 Feb, 2012 09:30 AM

I am also learning to understand that this verse is not actually referring to marriage, but to all people. I don't think God wants us to be unequally yoked to anyone, such as partners in business or close friendships. I used to think that this was for single people to understand. Paul does not mention that specifically...I don't think.

Godisfaithfulalways

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 23 Mar, 2012 03:51 AM

Amen!!:glow:

Godisfaithfulalways

View Profile
History
Yoked equally
Posted : 21 Dec, 2012 01:08 PM

AMEN!!!!:peace::yay::applause::glow: