Author Thread: How do you explain an absent parent to your child
Brandy774

View Profile
History
How do you explain an absent parent to your child
Posted : 2 May, 2010 06:36 PM

Ok guys I need some advise cause I really am at a loss here.

Background...before I accepted Jesus I had a very sinful life. I was with a man who was emotionally abusive when I found out I was pregnant. He told me either I abort or lose him for good. I walked away and have the most amazing daughter for it. In fact I turned my life around because of her. Suddenly it wasn't about me me me..life was about showing her the right way.

I pay my own bills and take really good care of her..she lacks for nothing. Even though I haven't heard from her biological father since she was 6mnths old. Tbh I moved from his state to mine to be close to my family and so he couldn't just show up and disappear again.

Here is the hard part..she is four and wanting to know why everyone else has a daddy but her. She is also going up to strangers asking if they will be her daddy (can we say akward boys and girls?!) He didn't abandon her..he abandoned me. I just don't know how to address this.

Any help would be great ty

springrose10

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2010 11:22 PM

Hi Teach,

Welcome to the forum.

I will pray with you.

Rose

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2010 07:34 PM

My 4 1/2 year old son has never seen his father, and I don't expect or plan him to any time soon. If he ever did see his dad, I know I would never see my baby again. He's in and out of jail, because of his drug habit. I left him shortly after I found out I was pregnant.

And once he started school this last september, he asked me the question: "mamma, where's daddy?" it was right before bedtime, and I cried.

I wasn't expecting it, so soon, and the first thing that came to my head was "God is your daddy, that's all you need to know." So everytime he asks me, I tell him that, and I also tell him to tell everyone that.

It gives me such happiness whenever he talks about Jesus, and I feel my little boy has a relationship already with His Savior. This boy is the reason Im alive today, and he is Gods miracle to me as well.

So to all the single parents out there, remember God is a father to the fatherless. It does hurt seeing our kids without the other parent, but as long as God has them in the palm of His hand, everything will work out, and He will take care of it all.

Somehow Im still making it on my own, since my baby was born, and it's stressful, but it's for his best interest right now. I just hope some day a real man will come along and love my boy as his own.

God bless the single parents, it's the tough times like these that make us stronger :)

Page : 1 2