Author Thread: Hello From Elixier4u
Admin

Hello From Elixier4u
Posted : 11 Jul, 2008 04:20 PM

My name is Will and I just want to say hello to each and every one. I thank everyone from the depths of my Heart for reading and commenting on my post. God is Good. Have a safe and wonderful weekend. Stay Blessed in the Lord.

:peace:

View Profile
History
Hello From Elixier4u
Posted : 15 Jul, 2008 02:04 PM

Hello again, I hope everyone had a refreshing weekend. Stay blessed in the Lord. Will

Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.� Matthew 11:28

Have you ever been so burdened by your work that you felt like the faster you work, the slower time passes and the less time you have to catch up? As if running on a treadmill, you fear you won�t meet your goal, and you realize you�re on the border of burnout? We�ve all been there, if not just temporarily. And sometimes, when we�re in the midst of the fury, God schedules us for a refreshing. It can arrive when we feel we have the least amount of time to come away. God may expect us to simply lay down the workload and spend hours or days with Him. Or He may pull us away for a vacation or retreat, a simple weekend or even for years. But do we trust God enough to obey and receive? Do we really believe that the all-seeing, all-knowing God of the universe loves us enough to prosper us in all He assigns us?

Whatever God requires of us, it�s important to remember that He has our best interest at heart. He desires to help us. He will be faithful to regenerate, renew and restore our energy. And He will give us fresh revelation, vision and insight in the most creative ways, especially through others. In so doing, God reminds us that He is God; He is in control; we are not alone; He works on our behalf; He is committed to our success, and He is the creator of creativity. He will show us the �obvious� that we didn�t see while we were intensely focused behind a PC or otherwise at work. So if we sense God leading us to come away with Him in the midst of our impending deadline, we must.

In this way, we see God's artistry in perfecting and completing His work through us. Like a painter, He uses us to come in close and step back to �see� the vision, sketch the outline, add the details, then refine the work to capture the whole. God�s perspective is unlimited and perfect. He rewards diligence. And submission and obedience is the key. He does this to not only test our priorities but also to give us what we need in the intimate place.

Sometimes, it�s just a nudge, a single revelation that will make all the other components come into place. But whatever it is, it will be better than we could have derived on our own, even with our talents, gifts and training. We�ll return to work with a fresh eye and a renewed enthusiasm. The Lord says in Jeremiah 31:25 that He �will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.� Sometimes, the most appropriate action we can take is to let go, let God and to pray for the discernment to know when to do so. God knows what we need. He is waiting for you?

:peace:

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Hello From Elixier4u
Posted : 15 Jul, 2008 10:23 PM

WOW!

Today is the first day of my vacation. I haven't had one for 17 years! I was very upset at first because the children where to spend longer away from me then I was comfortable. The LORD spoke rest and vacation to me on June 24, 2008. I objected and then HE reminded me of my prayers for rest, refreshing, renewal, and resurrection power. I accepted the word reluctantly and been planning some escapes from house, life, and responsibilities.

Of course before I go, I am doing a bunch of work; I never quite get to because of the cares of daily life and children. I thought several times today about canceling my plans to get away and stay to chop some bushes, paint the cabinets, go over the yard and the house with the eye and energy of a perfectionist.

Anyway, the timing of your post is just GOD's time and instruction for me, to have peace and be obedient. My great to do list is good but it isn't GOD's will for me for this time. Thanks for your faithfulness.

Going some place to see the Eagle fly, again!!!?

:angel:

Susan

:purpleangel: