Author Thread: When we share....
GraceMae

View Profile
History
When we share....
Posted : 13 May, 2010 09:01 PM

I like it when we post things about scripture, and we share how that scripture personally affects our lives. I get so much more meaning and encouragement knowing how scripture has worked in your life personally and builds me up to want to continue on in lifestyle appication of our Word of God.

Sometimes though, I get disheartened with many posts, as it's been already expressed by many all around the forums of late. It's one thing to post an article, which is good... as many enjoy the lessons. BUT, lessons are better 'learned" and "received" from those with personal witnesss to the Word of God I feel.

I would like us to continue as a body of believers in community with each other, to share that scripture that touches us our lives personally to continue helping, edifying and encouraging others to continue being steadfast in our personal walks with our Lord. This is what I love about CDFF. :glow: ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
When we share....
Posted : 13 May, 2010 10:33 PM

my experiences so far have served one purpose. to make me see the face of God. in times of turmoil when the shadows close in i remember something God told me, "even in the dark" i can't remember the scripture but i remember the words. and just tonight i was watching a movie, in it the reaper told a guy that his soul belong to the devil and immediately i thought liar! :laugh: because it is written "the devil is the father of lies". and i have seen love and love never lets go, so there is no way the devil can own someone's soul. things like that happen all the time and more and more the face of God is clearer and clearer. through his faithful care.. and his still small voice:glow:

View Profile
History
When we share....
Posted : 15 May, 2010 03:25 PM

gracemae

the scripture that the Lord often takes me to is:

Isaiah 58:10 (amplified)

and if you pour out that with which you sustain your own life for the hungry and satisfy the need of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in darkness and your obscurity and gloom become like the noonday.

Reminds me that everything I've been through is for the freedom of others, not for me to dwell on. It's all for His glory...

GraceMae

View Profile
History
When we share....
Posted : 15 May, 2010 10:23 PM

Amen River..... and Amen again! The thing about this life here on earth is in remembering that we are not here just to enjoy life, but as believers, it is to be all about glorifying God in this time He allows us to remain here on earth. It's a blessing for us to open our hearts, to share the good and the bad parts of who we are, who we were, and how God has changed us. The Word of God ( our "living" God) is SOOOO precious! When we take time to heed the living Word of God, our "light" that others see in us, hopefully... will encourage and help others with hope, yet needing reassurance, help them continue in there own personal journey in the faith.

Just even as Nyanda illustrated in her reply, just sharing that real life experience, as simple as it was, could help another in ways that we have no idea could bring another believer closer in Christ.... or at least, reinforcing a decision to continue the walk in faith. I know from experience, sometimes people don't just want to be quoted scripture... They want to know, have a silent yearning to know, how God has spoken to, and is working in other believers lives. It's one thing to quote scripture, but it's another to KNOW how that scripture has worked applicably in a persons life. That's how we help and assist in a believers life... when we share.

View Profile
History
When we share....
Posted : 16 May, 2010 06:16 PM

so true...

we have to be a witness, at ALL times

but that's a good thing cuz He's done so much in my life thus far. I have alot to share :)