Author Thread: A simple guidelines and tips:
Admin

A simple guidelines and tips:
Posted : 23 Jun, 2010 08:14 PM

Be aware of online fake people you fall inlove with and hurts you in the process. Don't put yourself in a "sugar coated fantasy relationship" and I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ONLINE PREDATORS, WHO LIES ABOUT THEIR CRIMINAL HISTORY, SEXUAL HISTORY, AGE, PROFESSION, INCOME, LOCATION, AND RELATIONSHIP STATUS, ETC.

1. A quick reminder - never place yourself into a made-up fantsay world. Be 100% real by talking about your daily activities to keep each other in the real world. Your online relationship needs to gain an understanding that we all have lives and other current activities. Distance can blind a person as you imagine if he/she is really like based off sms, emails, chats, and phone calls. People intent to build a false reality behind all the sweet talk. Ask yourself if he/she really sweet, nice, honest, trustworthy, patient, and caring? If you never meet this person in real life then don't set yourself up for failure by fantasizing.

2. Watch out for fantasy partner - these type of people are always online, friendly, supportive, and always there to talk. A common mistake in online long distance relationship is comparing a online relationship with a real person that is in your day to day life. The two are quite different and should never be compared. Never spend more time with your online relationship and neglecting your love ones in the real. Lots of people lose sleep and risk their health for a these fantasy partners. So if your in a online long distance relationship then be wise to spot out these fantasy partners.

3. Always ask questions - have no expectations when your special someone captures your interest like I will send you money, I will send you gifts, or I will come and visit you. But it will never come and your hurt - expectations. Don't be tricked by these people when you really was hoping this relationship will turn into marriage like a dream come true. Simply ask why do I love this person who so far away? Is it because you really love this person? Remind yourself why you fell inlove and always ask WHY because they can be stealing your heart when everything is based on false promises, hopes, and dreams.

I'm just keeping it real. There is nothing wrong with finding true love on the internet. But be careful and allow not yourself to be victimized by these people who play games with peoples hearts. And watch out for those websex freaks too.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2010 08:26 AM

It sounds like you are speaking from experience and that, my friend, is the best advice to give AND receive. A good reminder.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2010 11:45 AM

:applause:...Excellant post Ben...Ima agreein with you & BabyGirl...experiance...someones insight or personal is one of the ways how All persons learn...thanxs for sharein this an God Bless you & yours...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2010 03:09 PM

Thank you 1babygirl and GodsJude. You know how the old saying goes "Experience is the best teacher." However, I do encourage online dating or I wouldn't be in website such as this one. For those who are new at online long distance relationships. Here is a word of encouragement:

Long distance relationship is usually done by emailing or writing letters, chatting online, viewing each others' cam, calling each other, text messaging each other, and some times it just not the same of actually being there in person. So what long distance relationship really boils down to is what the feeling that two people share. If two people really love each other then they will stick together through thick and thin. No matter what the situations and problems consist for because its about love. Even though your partner can be far apart (not in person), as long they know there is a commitment between each other that all it matter until they actually see each other in person. And that is what relationship is about, trust, faith, honest, open mind, and never second doubt the your partner but being understanding and forgiving.

The real problem is you don't know if you're being fooled, but if there is trust the relationship then it will surpass anything and eventually survive. Real love in a long distance relationship is not based on those doubts, second thoughts, and questioning the relationship because of the lack of patience. For if you want something to work for you then you must focus on the bright side. Having that positive attitude goes a long way, plus, having faith in God. The results are usually everything falls into place. But if there is no commitment from both sides then it doesn't work. It takes commitment for thing to come together. Then time will come to pass that you will see the love of your life face to face.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2010 08:48 AM

Ideas for long distance relationship

Make a new YM yahoo or MSN hotmail account and add no one to your list except your special someone. This way you can have a set time where both of you can chat cam to cam. There won't be any distractions from other chatters. Save all your chat in your archeives and spend time reading them. And always save all your emails, ecards, and watch how your relationship builds deeper.

1. Build your profile that is centered around your special someone.

a). Tell how much you love him/her.

b). Mention special moments and poems, etc.

c). Add cool images and links that interesting to him/her.

d). Post him/her favorite theme song.

2. Write emails about your past, daily activities, the future and dreams.

a). Write love poems and send ecards.

b). Talk about your romantic fantasies.

c). Make a list of 101 reasons Why you're the Greatest, Beautiful, Sweet, etc.

d). Express your thoughts, ideas, and feelings, even jokes.

3. While chatting, sms, and mic or phone calls.

a). Talk about thing your interested in or certain problems.

b). Play games like Truth or Dare or Questions: Answer or Pass.

c). Give hugs n kisses on cam, even "I love you" in sign language.

d). Send sms and tell him/her what you are doing at the moment.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2010 03:35 PM

Great post and very true. I have experienced a couple of the things u mentioned myself, and I couldnt have put said it better. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jun, 2010 11:14 PM

Hello ferse thank you for the comment.

For those who are seeking ideas. Here is a link that you would find interesting. Just copy and paste the link into your engine search.

http://www.lovingfromadistance.com/thingsforldrcouplestodo.html

I'm sure you would enjoy it. I know I did and found this one to be so cool.

Create an email time capsule!

http://www.futureme.org/

Write an email to yourself and your boyfriend/girlfriend to be sent in the future. By using this website: FutureMe.org. This is something you can do for them or something that you can do together. Write about how much you love them. Include maybe some recent things you have done and fond memories you have now that you may not remember in x amount of years. Maybe include current problems in your relationship, so when you receive the email in the future, you can see if you still have the same issues you did back then or be pleased that you've made it through some hard times in your relationship. You choose when it gets delivered. How neat would it be to send it on your anniversary?? :) This website lets you send it all the way until 2037! FutureMe.org. To send an email to another person besides yourself you just have to register. It's free.

mysteriousgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jul, 2010 02:38 PM

hi ben, thanks for sharing this..you are right..i experienced that already..a big mistake....

Vielle

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2010 07:14 PM

Oh my God! you're absolutely,right?! I was,yeah I must admit it now victimized by an online fake person. Its really hurtful because I fell inlove with him and did everything I could to make our relationship worked. Sad to say he has other things in mind.

And now I dont think I could ever trust again.

wikkie

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 08:08 AM

Not every guy is like that though! Its the internet though so...

Blessings

Ps Dont use God's name in vain ! I say this in love though ok

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Aug, 2011 09:49 AM

keep it real. be discerning and let friends or the parents or close brother or sister look at what is shared to help you discern.

i agree fantasies will sabatoge a relationship..but keep it grounded in Gods word. share scripture, how your ministering. we are to use reason and Gods wisdom to lead us, not emotions. emotions meant to be the caboose of a train of thoughts used as the engine or lead will cause a wreck

i have always thought love is action, verbs of action and paul confirms that in 1 cor 13 about what love really is

avoid any romantic fantasies..they wil become a focus if not careful. just some wisdom from a father of three daughters...and two sons..but went through a painful divorce.

fantasy will wreck a relationship, but one grounded in Gods word, sharing about HIm, minisitering..will grow a friendship and a relationshiop that will last....bill