Author Thread: Did I offend his office as a Pastor?
hisprincess2010

View Profile
History
Did I offend his office as a Pastor?
Posted : 24 Jun, 2010 12:41 PM

Hi friend,

The other day I got an email from the handofgodministry. The guy said he was interesting in getting to know me. His profile looked great. I replied back to him, he replied again.

He wrote me back saying if I need prayer/counseling to email at his yahoo address. It SEEMED harmless so I added him to my instant chat.

Today I started chating with him he asked me how I was doing, we introduced ourselves, something told me to ask him if he was a scammer. He totally got offended.

He said I was blaspheming God and his office as a minister. Gave me the scripture thay says"Don't touch my annointed and cause them any harm...

Blah,blah, blah, His email sounded like he was interested in me at first, then the second one sounded like he wanted to convert me, then in the instant messages he acted like I insulted his manhood.. He rebuked me and said good bye. I also deleted him. I am not looking for THAT type anyway.

Sounds like he was putting him self as good, like I could not question him or anything. What do you guys think?

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2010 12:49 PM

Just as a note, scammers never admit to being a scammer, so asking that question will not be fruitful.

Obviously anyone is going to be offended if someone asks if they are a scammer and they are legit. I guess it depends how they react, sometimes they overreact like this guy did.

hisprincess2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2010 12:52 PM

Loon,

You are right about that. He hurried up and left chat. That showed me he had wrong motives, whether he was a scammer or not.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2010 06:32 PM

Loony is right - scammers never 'fess up to it. In fact, they will tell you how much they hate scammers.

Your Pastor sounds like he is a little too full of himself. I think you discerned what was going on -- his motives were wrong.

To trip up scammers, I always ask them about their home town (that they list in their profile), and also keep asking about their walk with God, what they are reading in the Bible, how they came to know Jesus personally - things like that. They can't stand that kind of light being shone on them.

hisprincess2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2010 07:49 PM

Godslamb,

Thanks for the advice. I believe he was absolutely full of himself.