Author Thread: hristian support of seular music ( jay-z for example)
livetheword

View Profile
History
hristian support of seular music ( jay-z for example)
Posted : 4 Jul, 2010 11:21 PM

christian support of worldly music:

many young christians have defeanded secular artist {jay-z} sayin they are fans.but i ask the young christians isnt his music or any music that does not honor god,but honors worldly things {such as: greed, sexual imorality, violence, and selfishness} of the world.

? therefore as christians should we support or love or be fans of anything of the world? (1st john 2; 15-16).

anti-christ and biblical warnings of the end times:

so many defenders of secular artists have made statments such as" takin out of context,he didnt mean it, ect.". butt on many acasions he has refered to him self as j-hova {which is a name in the bible to describe god} (mark 13;5-6). also with the statment in empire state of mind he denounced or "dissed" the name of jesus christ. stating"jesus cant save u,life starts when the church ends".in the bible (1 john 2;22) it tells that a man who denies jesus christ is anti-christ. so as christians {and exspecialy in these times} we must not follow or associat with such liars and deseptions.(matthew 24;24),(2nd peter 3;3).

seperate urselvse from lies and "anti-christ" figures:

further-more we as christians should not take company or support secualer culter or artists. by supporting secular society we ourselves are promoting and encouraging sin and all things that are not of god. (2nd john 10-11).

we should show compasion for the people lost to the world, and meet them with prayer and not anger:

i have come across many articles and vidoes in protest of the artist i speak of and many other artists, my apinion is that they are of the world and are "anti-christ". butt as christians we can not pass judgement (matthew 7;1-5) and we cannot act out of anger towards these artist . we must forgive them and pray for them (luke 6;37) that they will find god and his love and fogiveness(john 3;16).

(mark 13;13):waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2010 12:08 AM

Creativity and art are very hard things to figure out sometimes. I`ve learned lessons from seeing movies about an adulterous person whose life spiraled into destruction. The movies actually warned me of such a lifestyle. These were not movies with sex scenes in them. One of my favorite actresses, Bette Davis, had several very good movies with these types of characters in them.

My question though would be this: why do we have to have secular women like Bette Davis acting out such characters with such truthfulness in order for us to learn what the movies are trying to teach us?

This may not be related to your question but I know that these types of questions are complicated and creativity and art are complicated. Some Christian artists are horrible creators and their product is not worthy of being seen or viewed or watched. Some non-Christian artists are very creative and truly communicate well the message they intend. Should we judge them for that and not even acknowledge their creativity?

Christians seem to relegate creativity and art to solos and duets on Sunday morning or to classical music.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2014 10:05 AM

one thing i am trully aware of is God works in mysterious ways!and as it is written in 1st corinthians 1;27! God chooses the foolish things in the world to confound the wise,am usually open to all sources be it christian or not i just look at the content behind!for example katy perry ....some say she is in the illuminati but the unconditional song of hers changed my heart completely i used to have some issues with my mum coz of some stuff that hurted me but that song made me realise what true love is,the same love of christ ,loving one together with the flaws not loving someone bcoz he or she is perfect and dosent annoy u at all,everyone can love such a person too so thats not entirely love ,now if i turned the song down at first i dont think i would receive that revelation!also the movie chronicles of narnia the lion witch and warddrobe is such a powerful movie that i think reflects on the passion of christ and forgivness and how special we humans are!now beyonce also has been an inspiration to me once in a while,i looked upto her ever since i was a lil girl upto now when i realise she is also part of the ocult but what i do is just pray 4 her n j-z together with other celebrities who are well known as lucifers puppets coz at the end of the day,the fact still remains,i diddnt create them so i dont have the right to judge who they are!i just extract the good from them and confess on their behalf the bad from them too!