Author Thread: Knights never have happy ever afters
Admin

Knights never have happy ever afters
Posted : 21 Jul, 2008 11:39 PM

Knights never have happy ever afters...we always die for true love. I'm no prince charming and I've never kissed sleeping beauty. You see it's the prince who lives happy ever after in a castle far away, it's the knight who fights till the last breath to save a woman who will never love him in return. He gives his life so that she can learn what love is and perhaps love someone before she dies.

I've looked through the eyes of the weeping prophet, everything is blurry and obscured by his tears. You can't see anything because love is blind.....you just feel the pain of love and betrayal over and over again. Yet this is how the Lord loves us isn't it? Who am I to cast the first stone when I myself am the harlot. And so with this self revelation I relinquish my right to be angry, to be bitter, and yes even my right to tell my tales and seek sympathy. Because in this moment I realize that no matter how vindicated and justified I may feel...I am no better than those who have hurt me.

May God have mercy upon a sinner like me, and may he one day bring this wretched knight to a place where he can be forever happy and forever loved. Amen.

jeanene1987

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2008 05:54 AM

I'll choose a Knight over prince charming any day ! A Knight is stronger and What a uniform! Armour; instead of those girl clothes a prince wears!

God Bless You All,

Jeanene

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2008 11:47 PM

This was Jonathan's last Post. He is no longer a member of CDFF. This saddens me deeply; as he was such an inciteful and sincere young man. God Bless You, RightKnight; and wherever God leads you,continue to follow. Those who have

hurt you are in His Hands !

You are in my prayers.Thank you for the many blessings your Posts gave lots of us!

In Christ,

Deborah

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2008 04:10 AM

I truely thought the reason knights never reallly got the girl was because of bloodline. (a statis thing) Well, let's see ...

mmm....mmm...Cinderella got her man, and Shrek got his woman so there are two examples of success! Seriously, though, Rightknight, we are of a royal priesthood so we have

overcome the bloodline dilhema...I don't know of a woman alive who doesn't adore being rescued...Especially by a handsome knight. You are too hard one yourself and are trying to fight this battle alone. Not every girl wants a prince. Not every prince can be a knight but truely every knight can be a prince. It just depends on your attitude and the one being rescued. Keep you chin up or you won't see the princess waiting in the tower!

strawberi50

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2008 06:38 PM

It saddens me that rightknight is leaving...He is one in a million...May God bless his journey and may he find what he is looking for....He'll be missed.

strawberi50

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 06:26 AM

Yes, when I was a little girl , I read every fairy-tale in sight.LoL. Where the prince comes in on a white horse and carrys her away to his castle so they can live happily ever-after . Then moonlight and roses becomes daylight and dishes.LOL and two people have to find away of making things work. Relationships are not meant to be one-sided, unfortunately , that is why so many marriages end in divorce. One person trying to carry the other person.

It takes two.

that is how I view it in a nutshell.

Godbless,

Arlena

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 06:34 AM

Why did he leave? if I was only ten years younger....

yeah, It was interesting how you illustrated how Shrek and Feona found sucess in their relationship. I like Shrek II because her parents tried to get her hooked up with "prince-charming" and to me he was anything but.(LOL).

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 07:48 AM

I always have and still am facinated about knights. The 'Sir' status is not recieved easily, even if you were born in high status family you still had to prove you are worthy.

To be a night it takes determination and discipline. You were not just trained in fighting but also chivalry.

About sleeping beauties...I have kissed few of them. All though none of them were in tower and guarded by dragon LOL.