Author Thread: Why do people....?
Admin

Why do people....?
Posted : 12 Jul, 2010 02:43 PM

Why do people strives lot of things in the world, if what really remains is the love .. the only thing that should matter is love ... because that is what gives us freedom and truly never ends, or I'm a dreamer and I'm wrong?

View Profile
History
Why do people....?
Posted : 12 Jul, 2010 04:30 PM

Life is about a balance, just weights. I struggled with this too, give it some time...:prayingf: I figure it takes a while for the Holy Spirit to orient us, and then, if even for a little while we will see it all clearly. "Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and all thy might and all thy strength..."

Rabbit32

View Profile
History
Why do people....?
Posted : 31 Jul, 2010 11:54 PM

In order to love one must know what love is, not saying you do. :) but it took me along time. My Lord said no greater love has a man who lies down his life for his brother. He also said that God soooooooooooooooooooo loved the world he gave his only son...to be sacrafised, beaten, tortured, broken and lots of unlovle stuff for us.

View Profile
History
Why do people....?
Posted : 2 Aug, 2010 12:02 PM

Maybe you are a dreamer, but you are also right! It is sometimes difficult to choose love but it is always the right thing to do. Laying down our lives doesn't mean we have to die. It means to set aside what is important to us in order to help someone else who needs what we have to give. We should be about doing for others what we wish would be done for us. Love has to include empathy, understanding another person's need, and then filling that need when we have the means to do so.

I'm saying all of this to make a point. Laying down your life does not mean that you have to die for your friends. Jesus did not lay down his life when he went to the cross. He ultimately laid himself down as a sacrifice but He laid down his life when He surrendered His throne in heaven, took off His robe and crown and came to the earth to become one of us because he saw that He alone had what we needed in order for us to be saved from sin and death. He came down into the pit, walked in the miry clay and lifted us out of it because only He had the power to do so.

1Jo 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

1Jo 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

1Jo 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1Jo 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

1Jo 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Thunder